Best option...

What should I do?

• Sell motor and buy a 3,000 B18C1 or C3 on ebay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take the head and put it on an LS bl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DB2

I spun a rod bearing in my DB2 a few days ago on my way to work. It had 173,000 miles on it and was perfectly maintained. I am in school for mechanical engineering so I don't actually have any money, so I am going to have to wait untill summer to do anything about this. This summer I plan on painting my car also as there are a few rust spots that are just starting to develop.

so what motor do you have now?

EDIT: did a search and found the DB2 is a GSR integra, correct?
so assuming that info is correct i am gonna vote for LS block with your vtec head... cheapest option by far... you may want to get head work done, a rebuild AT LEAST esp with thosehigh miles, and possible port and polish if you find a reasonable price for the work...

you could always run a compression test prior to ripping the motor down, just to see how the head holds compression, perhaps you can get away with no head work? even cheaper...

EDIT 2: ls-vtec option still choice number one, but since you will have it torn apart you should build it for FI while you have it ripped down...
look into the cheapest way which i think would be a combo of diffrent internals to lower compression for more boost... and of course head work to prevent valve float...

new idea

what if you just redid the lower end with new bearings? cheapest way to get it up and running again, then sell the fucker and build a new car...

werd :)

I would sell it and all, but then I would probably have to get an inferior car (I got a pretty dam good deal on this one). Unless anyone knows where else I can buy a DOHC VTEC Integra for $3750 in mint condition...

UPDATE:

My new plan is to keep the head and scrap the block. My goal is to grab a B18C1 shortblock with low miles or a built-up one from someone. I am going to replace the valve guides and machine the valve seats and do a few other things to the head while off. This motor might end up going FI...

you could just pull the motor get a B16a long block from Hmotors online for i think there 550 or 600, then drop it in, same HP numbers, then sell the GSR head, pistons,and possibly even the block, and you could prolly make back about 300- 400 dollars and only be out 200-300 bucks.

Back