Best overall engine for 89' EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dumbass questions? Troy I've researched plenty and still am. How am I supposed to learn everything about every honda engine in such a short period??? I just got the car like a month ago. I have friends who are all JDM'd out who I ask and learn from, but I came on here to see if I could find some more answers. I did get some pretty helpful ones but most got thrown in my face. You guys are awesome

why does everyone keep saying "maybe if you research maybe if you research" I do and still am. Damn get that thru your head. Im twenty years old this is my first car Im not some bad ass mechanic. I work alot and dont have time to learn as much as i wish i could and spend as much time on my car as i wish i could. You guys act like you are so damn perfect and have never asked a question before. I just thought someone with personal experience with the model of car and engine would be able to give some pointers on choosing an engine. Everyone is making it seem like I should just pull out my cash at an engine shop and play eenie-meenie-miney-mo. Actually Don't even answer my questions anymore. I will figure it out by myself, Lord knows i'm not going to find the help here. Thanks everyone who helped out for the rest....go shoot yourself. Later

lol i used to have neg rep and everyone bashed the hell outta me.

then i did some research and some more research on top of research and stopped being annoying and now im fine.

You guys act like you are so damn perfect

Thats because we are....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ethan im trying to learn too bro. I have really bad anger problems and it doesnt help when im trying to get something important done and these clowns make a circus out of it. I have a fat ass engine swap book on my bed that i fall asleep reading almost ever night. Im trying hard but they keep hatin on me

You want to learn, and claim to be researching, yet you are going to be a dick to everyone when you ask a dumb, uneducated question and don't get the answers you want?

Via PM:
NastyNateEF said:
listen here you son of a bitch. Dont you ever talk to me like that or i will find you and give you tune up. give me all the bad rep you want. c'mon!!! i dont care. im here to learn and motherfuckers like you need to be beat in the face with a torque wrench:ufucktard:

Yeah. That's going to get you a ton of help. If you got a problem with my opinion on your ignorance, then get the fuck over it. You aren't shit. You come at me trying to be some tough guy? Fuck you and your dumb ass swap. No matter what you do, it will never be good enough. It never is. So when you want to grow the fuck up and come back with a better attitude, you will be doing us all a favor.

And I'll call your bluff. Come to my door with the biggest torque wrench you can buy. I'll even leave a few out for the friends you will have to bring to take me down.

hahaha., the old "come to your door" threat and response. Awesome! If you use a W16 get the R53 trans, it has hyper drive and no overboost on the diagnostic conflabulator.
In all seriousness, there's a lot of options for your swap and you need to figure out what your goal is- what kind of car is it going to be (drag, street, rally X drifter whatever) and what kind of power you want to make, whether or not you want turbo or supercharger... etc. etc.

I've learned a lot by just reading honda swap and my haynes manual and going to pick n pull. I have a 1990 ef with the mpfi conversion and a cooked engine out on my street to prove it :D
Don't give up, but don't let "haters" give you a negative attitude either!
And I'm looking at doing a D16A6 swap into my ef- it's straightforward and with a turbo should put me right where I want to be (200+ hp).

Wow is all I can say to that PM to George....:huh:

I had to read that PM again because I couldn't believe it.....wow

Last edited:
Ah ha ha ah haha ha! Lmfao! Rofl! Holy shit! @ that PM.

GTFO with your empty E-threatening ways fool.

go with a b18b1 ls motor very easy swap if u have the money and it will surprise u wat u can do with that motor.

ethug2.jpg

nasty nate why dont you just stop responding to all this negitivity? your acting like a immature little 6th grade girl arguing over im and myspace, i bet you do that too :) they answered your question and you didnt like the answer, so chill i got there shit too at first.

nasty nate why dont you just stop responding to all this negitivity? your acting like a immature little 6th grade girl arguing over im and myspace, i bet you do that too :) they answered your question and you didnt like the answer, so chill i got there shit too at first.

Not bad advice for a noob. :ph34r:

I don't recall pissing in your Cheerios, so you must not have been that bad.

Back