Best overall engine for 89' EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ROFL Gl man on hondaswap.. Go to honda tech.. They get that you can be a noob and say dum shit or ask it..They dont have as big of mouths as these kids..Gl guy with your swap and info..

ROFL Gl man on hondaswap.. Go to honda tech.. They get that you can be a noob and say dum shit or ask it..They dont have as big of mouths as these kids..Gl guy with your swap and info..

Uh oh, did your feelings get hurt too? :(

Someone call the Whaaaambulance.

whambulance.gif

HT is full of down right tool sheds, we however prefer giving people proper advice, wether or not its what you want to hear or if you want to listen isnt our problem.

since ur not "amazing" at mechanical work, a d16a6 would be nice to do. its out of an 88-91 civic si. this swap would:
a) teach u what parts are what, what each part does
b) force u to RESEARCH
c)actually be able to tell someone youve done and engine swap :]
d) have a faster car than before

this can be had for very cheap and the knowledge attained from doing this is worth far more than the outcome of the car.

however the answer to your initial question (while staying realistic) id say would be a b18c5

after rethinking...it might be hard to find a nice d16a6 these days so you might just want to go ahead and get a non v tec sohc zc engine. it is basically the same as the d16a6. the zc will be easier to find

Im done talking shit so it would be nice if some of you guys would follow my lead.

I just really don't like the d series because of their lack of Hp. I want to be able to drag and track race. I think if i went with a K it would be strictly drag but i'm just gunna drop a B18C5 in it and have everything i need minus the turbo. At the same time how can I make sure I'm not going to blow the engine after i drop the turbo in? A good tune?

Again depends on what you want out of this thing... I'm not sure how much boost a stock B18 can handle but most D's can handle 8 psi or so no problem, and on a B18 that would be fairly impressive power I'm sure...

Again depends on what you want out of this thing... I'm not sure how much boost a stock B18 can handle but most D's can handle 8 psi or so no problem, and on a B18 that would be fairly impressive power I'm sure...

its recomended to run anywhere from 7 to 12 psi no more on a base map tune on stock internals. but it is all in who u get to tune it.

PSI is irrelevant. 10 psi on one turbo is different from 10 psi on another. Set a power goal, piece together your build, and then pay the money to get it tuned by a reputable tuner using proven parts. If you want to see good numbers, you have to pay good money.

The search bar will be your friend. Use it, or you will get flamed to high heaven.

PSI is irrelevant. 10 psi on one turbo is different from 10 psi on another. Set a power goal, piece together your build, and then pay the money to get it tuned by a reputable tuner using proven parts. If you want to see good numbers, you have to pay good money.

The search bar will be your friend. Use it, or you will get flamed to high heaven.

Also cause its not what psi a engine can handle its how much horse power it can handle right?:confused:

it's about static/dynamic compression ratio and how much air a turbo will flow. A huge turbo will flow more air at 10psi then a tiny one will at the same psi. The more air flowed the higher the compression ratio will go.

your crazy man, a b18c5 and a turbo? for the price of that combo u could throw in a b18b, get forged pistons and connecting rods, piece together a good turbo kit with a t3/t4 turbocharger and s100 hondata, new clutch and flywheel and decent coilovers. with that set up u could have a very reliable 300whp engine. idk if thatd be the best track set up but for drag thats the route id go

Ya, Id just build an LS for boost and piece a kit togather for it. You could do it for about the same price and have more potential.

You could get a d series for cheaper then the ls and get a vitara set up and piece together a turbo kit. D series are very cheap to build and can hold decent hp with stock sleeve's and suprisingly have pretty good torque. In an ef a 300hp single cam would be very nice and reliable and it wouldn't be crazy expensive.

I have the best solution for an engine swap.
angycarisangry.jpg

Insurance!

wait whats going on again?

The best engine swap is one that you can afford.

You could get a d series for cheaper then the ls and get a vitara set up and piece together a turbo kit. D series are very cheap to build and can hold decent hp with stock sleeve's and suprisingly have pretty good torque. In an ef a 300hp single cam would be very nice and reliable and it wouldn't be crazy expensive.

This is also true.

Back