Best pistons for GSR???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KillaB18

Aight im a little stuck on what are good pistons. I did the whole top of my engine and now its time for the rest. I have skunk2 stage 2 cams, skunk2 valves, retainers, springs and all that good stuff. A 0.6 metal head gasket. skunk2 intake manifold, ingen cold air intake. dc headers, tanabe cat back, pulleys, aem fuel rails, regulator, 660 injectors, centerforce dual friction clutch, hondata ecu. And some other little stuff. Im getting the aem computer, the one that hooks up to your lab top. This is more of an every weekend driver. So my questions are

What pistons should i get and what compression?
Should I bore and sleeve?
What should i bore it to?
Port and polish, yes or no?
Also what rods should i get with the pistons?
Then should i go for the crank?

Just a few questions that i need some suggestions on. Thanx alot

are you planning on going forced induction sometime? I'm just wondering because those 660cc injectors are way huge for your app currently.

Any brand name piston will probably work well for your, Endyn, Arias, Eagle, ARP (bolts, studs, and whatnot)

Go for rods from the same manufacturer to ensure compatability, and yes, a port and polish would do you well. Have your stock crank knife edged and balanced. Compression, N/a i'd say ~11.5:1. As for a bore, 81.5 with no sleeves. 82+ with.

Is your hondata tuned? How well does your engine run with those injectors?

well i was first planning on running turbo thats why i have those injectors. Im in the middle of getting new ones though. As for my hondata its well tuned. But it doesnt run at its best with those injectors. Is there anything else i would need to do to the bottom end of this engine. Im kind of new to the whole internal stuff. Just got the money to do it so im goin for it. Well just let me know.

How i did some research for my head and i want to know if i did a good job on it. Is there anything else i would need for it. thanx

there is now way you can bore a GSR to 84.5mm without sleeving.
w/o sleeving i'd reccomend to not go over a 81.5mm bore.

liquid, you may have been thinking of a b20 block.

:ph34r: WHat is your budget for the bottom end anyways?????
because since you did a wicked goodjob on the head and you have some money for the bottom end i would recommend a stroker kit from crower.com check them out they go for as long as you have a pretty deep pocket thogh but you will have a super bullet proff race engine with sleeves you could add a 200 shot of nitrous and dont even think about braking anything...and smoke anyone out there

The oem honda fuel rail is good for a little over 400+ HP, so unless you plan to go beyond that sell it along with your FPR since it is really worthless. Sell those cams also since you want FI and they have way too much duration for FI. Also since you don't have your choice of FI now I wouldn't run that large of injectors now.

As far as pistons endyn/weisco will do just fine, and I always say crower for rods.

Milan

Originally posted by DTEC@Aug 4 2003, 04:42 PM
there is now way you can bore a GSR to 84.5mm without sleeving.
w/o sleeving i'd reccomend to not go over a 81.5mm bore.

liquid, you may have been thinking of a b20 block.

thanks yes definitely, I had 84.5 stuck in my head for some reason. 81.5mm

well jdmilan i was first gonna go with FI thats why i got the injectors. But i desided not to cuz i got a very good deal on all the stuff for the head. What size injectors should i get now. like 440 or what??

And greencivic I dont have a budget. haha lol. Not spoiled just i find everyway to make more money. So your say a stroker kit from crower. I only found them for a 1.6. I got a 1.8 though. ill check it out though. so is there anything else i would need for the bottom end??
And if anyone is wondering where i get all this money from email me and ill give you my little secret. And dont worry its all legal. haha lol

Back