Best recirculating BOV?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Slammed90Lude

so what BOV does everyone recommend for an SR20- obviously since it's a MAF car, the BOV needs to recirculate- any recommendation? I've seen a few people running the HKS BOV, but i've read that it is fairly slow to respond-

can you run an open atmosphere bov on it anyways? Ive read you can, and the only bad thing is that it will stall out when you are stopped.....rarely.

what i need is a BOV that has an outlet that can accept a tube that can then be routed back to the intake pipe, after the MAF and before the compressor

and i know that there are plenty out there, what i'm wondering is if anyone has had a good experience with a particular brand

i was under the impression that cars running MAF sensors would run silly rich when the BOV was open because the ECU was calculating fuel for air that wasn't there?

oh and good to see you're alive JD :)

Woot, Milan's still kickin.

And you know you want the fireshifts. Don't lie to yourself. :lol: I want fireshifts on the Supra... :D

ahhhh, I found another reason why a DV is better than BOV, specifically on MAF sensor cars

since you vent the air from the DV to the intake pipe right before the turbo, you reduce the pumping effort that the turbo has to do and by doing so, you help to keep the turbo spinning between shifts :)

thats sweet. im still going to use my turboXS.

DSM's get ugly when venting from the BOV into the atmoshpere....on SR's you'll fun fine..

but it's really all up to you. but so you know you do have the option to vent the SR20 into the atmosphere.

and yes, still alive :)

TurboXS Racing Bypass Valve Type H34

Designed for performance, the TurboXS Racing Bypass Valve Type H relieves the pressure surge caused by changing gears or backing off the throttle quickly. Because the valve�s exhaust port can easily be plumbed back into the car�s air intake, the valve is ideal for Mass Air Flow (MAF) metered cars where venting to atmosphere can create a "rich" air/fuel ratio. The Racing Bypass Valve Type H is CNC machined out of billet aluminum and is specifically designed with high boost applications in mind:

* Billet aluminum valve body
* Solid brass piston � no flimsy diaphragms to break
* Stainless Steel spring
* Adjustable spring tension
* Flows 35% more than our BOV Type H

The Turbo XS Racing Bypass Valve Type H is recommended for cars running 10 psi to 25 psi of boost. When properly installed and adjusted, there is practically no limit to the maximum boost pressure this unit can hold.
The Turbo XS Racing Bypass Valve Type H34 Kit Includes:

* TurboXS Racing Bypass Valve
* 34mm OD Anodized Aluminum Hose Adapter
* Spring Adjusting Packer Washers
* 2mm Hex Key
* Installation Guide
* Easy Installation

With the included 34mm hose adapter, the TurboXS Racing Bypass Valve is designed for "bolt-on" replacement of many late-model stock OEM bypass valves including Mitsubishi Eclipse/Talon, 3000GT/Stealth, Evolution, and Nissan 300ZX TT. For more details on complete vehicle specific installation kits, as well as mild steel and aluminum weld-on adapters for custom installation directly onto intercooler piping, see Blow Off Valve Kits and Adapters.

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 27 2004, 10:15 AM
DSM's get ugly when venting from the BOV into the atmoshpere....on SR's you'll fun fine..

but it's really all up to you. but so you know you do have the option to vent the SR20 into the atmosphere.

and yes, still alive :)
[post=395198]Quoted post[/post]​

ugh. i dont have a dsm, and i dont have that shitty maf crap they do, either.

when I had my talon I wanted to see the response of venting into the atmosphere, and the car ran like shit under idle and dumped fuel uptop.

AFAIK none of the mirage/lancers on my board recirculate. i think its all got to do with the MAF.

Back