Best shocks for H&R Race drop springs?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Iquark

Hey, I have a set of H&R Race drops on my car right now, and am wondering what would be the best shock to go with these springs. I am not worried abou tcomfort really, (although a little might be nice) because the car is really just purpose built fun car. Anyways, any advice of the best matching shocks would be appreciated,

Thanks
Ian

Oh, I was looking at KYB AGX's as my first choice if they would match well...

Well, I am looking for an average setup, I guess more toward the less expensive side, as I said, I'd really like to go with the KYB AGX's if they will work. I don't know the spring rates off the top of my head, and I can't seem to find them on the internet, so if anyone knows them, I could use some help.

im assuming the spring rates are the same for all H&R race springs.

if so your rates are 460 lb/in f 350 lb/in r. I just orderd my agx shocks today. and i will be getting the type R rear swaybar tomrrow.

maybe its my shocks but my fronts look like they are WAY more than 2" drop.... kinda pisses me off but what can u do. did u notice the same on urs?

well, I don't have shocks yet, but the drop is probably quite a bit more than 2 inches, which is what I wanted for both looks and performance. I guess I'll try the AGX's since no one has said anything bad about them, as they seem to be similar the the tokico's. Does anyone know how the adjustments work on the KYB's, It would be great to be able to have track and street settings...

KYB has adjustable dampening, which is just that "track" and "street" like settings.

I like my Tokico Blues, however they are no adjustable.

I have the same springs and yeah, the drop is significantly more than 2".

I am running Koni Yellow shocks. They are adjustable and they seem to be a good match for these springs.

Tokiko HPs (non adjustable), Tokiko Illuminas (adjustable), and koni yellows (adjustable) are all good choices. I would stay away from the KYBs. They aren't really a performance shock.

umm.....

the AGX (4 way adjustable) is very much a "performance shock"

the gr-2 and gas-adjust or whatevers however are not.

alot of my friends went with the agx's and were really disapointed with them , thats why i leaned towards the tokico's and with the h&r springs i think u will be happy

Not to be mean I heard Tokico "blues" are basically stock shocks and Koni suppose to be the best Out there for Shocks You pick the part

Originally posted by 98integrals@Aug 1 2003, 07:42 PM
umm.....

the AGX (4 way adjustable) is very much a "performance shock"

the gr-2 and gas-adjust or whatevers however are not.

:werd: I love mine w/eibach sportlines

Opinions are like assholes... everyone's got one. MY opinion is that the KYBs suck. I have driven lots of cars with them and I think they suck. They go from hard as a rock to bouncy as fuck with no real in-between. The illuminas are the ish tho....

tokico blue's are really soft. if your looking to autoX, deffinately get adjustable.

Thanks guys, I went with the KYB's because I found a great deal on them, I'll try them out, and if they don't work well, then I'll go find something else and pawn them off on a friend... Thanks for the imput

Hey, I'm not auto-xing or anything, but maybe you could help me with the same question, cept I've got H&R sport springs (1.75F and 1.5R) drop. I was looking at Tokico Blues. I decided against Illuminas because I'm not running a coilover setup.

tokico blues are really soft. if i could go back and do it again, i would not buy tokico blues.

Originally posted by 90 accord@Aug 19 2003, 01:10 AM
tokico blues are really soft. if i could go back and do it again, i would not buy tokico blues.

Really? I had them on my civic, have them on my integra, my friend has them on his integra, another friend has them on his accord, etc..... I think they are great shocks, maybe not for auto X, but for all around driving I like them.

Back