1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best shocks for neuspeed race springs

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by greenteg2k00, Feb 28, 2004.

1. greenteg2k00

greenteg2k00 Senior Member

hey guys i have 4 door gsr with neuspeed race springs, rear is lower than front, i want aftermarket shocks because im runnin on stock,what shocks goes well with neuspeed race springs, that wont lower my car even more koni yellows,

2. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

I have neuspeed race springs with tokico hp's (blues) in my 94 honda accord and i love it...also i might suggest kyb's

3. StyleTEG

StyleTEG Senior Member

The neuspeed race springs are pretty damn stiff, and you really need some well valved shocks to handle the rates.

I am currently on KYB AGX's on my race springs, and even at 4 the car feels underdampened.

I would look into Bilstein SP's or Koni Yellows, at the very least.

4. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

well i dont know why that is because with just tokico hp's my car actually rides very well for having a race spring....so i dont think that a serious strut is necessarily needed

5. StyleTEG

StyleTEG Senior Member

"rides very nice" is really inconclusive.

I have been in many peoples cars who feel like they have a nice ride, when in reality its an underdampened nightmare. Sure there are no harsh bumps, but any time the spring ossolates the car continues to bounce up and down for a good while.

That is not a nice ride, that is a bouncy ride.

I have been to several track events on the KYB's and they are most definetly underdampening. Ride in a car with a quality valved shock for the rates and its easy to tell the difference.

Hell, even Koni Yellows are only valved to handle about 400 - 500ft/lbs, and the neuspeed are dangerously near that limit.

6. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

OK i got neuspeed race on the sol which doesnt exactly have the best ride in stock form either. But with the 2.0" drop I have Tokico HP's with these and they ride nice. even with a shorter wheel base than the accord it still feels better than most cars i have been in. also it is stiff and doesnt continue to bounce but not so stiff that the car feels like it is skipping on the road.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted