Best Sounding Blow Off Valve

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dude your the one that started talking junk w/all that ricer crap.Thats why threw some ish your way.The topic wasnt what you thought about BOV it was what was the bset sounding BOV.So next time take your post were its wanted!!!!

i got a question. have u ever seen jeffie's car, he used to have a link in the racing post. dude that shits fast as fuck!!! so u might want to stop talking shit. untill u get some clips of ur car on the net. when u do that and prove to us that u have a 7.80 sec street legal car. then dont talk!!!

another question. is it only legal till the cops pull you over???

Originally posted by H0ndap0w3r@Jan 25 2003, 11:13 PM
i got a question. have u ever seen jeffie's car, he used to have a link in the racing post. dude that shits fast as fuck!!! so u might want to stop talking shit. untill u get some clips of ur car on the net. when u do that and prove to us that u have a 7.80 sec street legal car. then dont talk!!!

another question. is it only legal till the cops pull you over???

Fuck yea it is. Go search for jeffie7 and it will be under a post B posted with the links. He did that 4th to 3rd downshift and went from ~70-80 to 130 in no time flat.

:thumbsup: Jeffie's car. One fast biatch!

Man i wish those weren't so choppy,still looks quick though.

it was 65 "speed limit on that road is 55MPH and I was going a tad bit faster then the guy in the slow lane" then I droped it into 3rd

All Im trying to say is if you want a loud BOV you will have the trade off of having something thats going to hurt your turbo more

and the fact that you have such a fast car and are building a ITR that can kick my butt yet want to skimp on that "who knows what else" just makes me think hmmmmm ok

also my post was not as much to flame people for wanting to rice it but most people on this board I believe don't know that a loud BOV can mean hurting your turbo people buy them for sound not for how well they work

my car I like to think is built right nothing left out I even paid 299 for a friggin oilpump gear and Im still not pushing it anywhere near what it can handle since I don't have enough fuel yet

s3de1d345aa5b4.jpg

s3dfd091f512d2.jpg

Strut Tower Brace
Lowered 2 1/4 inches
Progress Camber Kit
Aftermarket Struts
Konig Wheels with Kumho Tires
3 Auto Meter Gauge Pods on the left piller
3 2 5/8" Gauges Tach, Boost, Oil Pressure
MSD 6A Ignition Amplifier
MSD Blaster SS Coil
Apex-I Turbo Timer
Apex-I AVC-R
Upgraded Motor Mount Inserts
Upgraded SI Radiator
MSD Plug Wires
88-91 JDM B16A
91 Integra LS Trans
Full custom 3" from turbo back with 3" tip
3"" downpipe
ACT Street/Racing Clutch 6 puck disk
Hondata ECU with boost upgrade
4 440CC RC Injectors
Spearco Intercooler
T3/T4 Turbo
HKS Blow Off Valve
Tial WasteGate
Open Dump Tube
Crower Titanium Retainers
Crower Dual Valve Springs
ARP Head Studs
JE Custom Integra Type R Pistons 20 over
JE Piston Rings
Eagle Connecting Rods
Darton Ductile Iron Sleeves
Pro Drive Oil Pump Gears
GSR Oil Pump/Housing
STOCK B16 Headgasket

thats a long ass list, i didnt noe there was that many mods, o well. so what ever happened to that guy that started this post??? but props on the car jeffie. very nice

Holdon if you already have a fast car and all that wouldnt u already have the hookups and know which blowoff valves would be loud and all??? And if you own your own shop then you can try out different blowoff valves.

Oh yah jeffie...Nice!

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Jan 26 2003, 08:38 PM
Holdon if you already have a fast car and all that wouldnt u already have the hookups and know which blowoff valves would be loud and all??? And if you own your own shop then you can try out different blowoff valves.

STFU n00b

lol a good bit more is to come for that list I need to get another 94+ LS trans so I can have it built Im tired of grinding gears as you can hear in the videos damn cable trans!

btw everything on my car was paid for by me =`( no shops helped me out but I guess thats why we have credit cards =) hehehehe

on a dif note.... Buc just had one hell of a run on that play.... 34-15 in the 4th

Jeffie,sweet ride.I dont know how we got in this pissin match but I will end it.I see your point.It does make sense that it would restrict air to make a loud noise.Didn't even think about it in that way.Im not trying to skimp at all.I am willing to buy the baddest there is.So with all that in mind what bov do you recomend?And about the 7 sec street car it's no made up story.There are some guys that come on this site that have seen my car at the strip.I dont have videos.Sorry. But I will get some .My body shop also sponsers 2000+hp turbo charged CAMARO W/a 101 trim thumper turbo runs 6 sec QTRS over 200 mph on a 10" slick.Also a single turbo supra W/juice making over 900hp to the wheels.Dont know what its going to run becuase we cant keep a tranny together.Im not trying to brag.Just wanted you guys to know we got some sick fast cars.I started messing w/hondas again becuase most of my buisness base are hondas.Plus I love them.Just gives me a reason to build a phat one.Agian jeffie sorry for comming of like a dick.MY bust dawg.

Jeremy.

Originally posted by colorpros@Jan 27 2003, 10:55 AM
Jeffie,sweet ride.I dont know how we got in this pissin match but I will end it.I see your point.It does make sense that it would restrict air to make a loud noise.Didn't even think about it in that way.Im not trying to skimp at all.I am willing to buy the baddest there is.So with all that in mind what bov do you recomend?And about the 7 sec street car it's no made up story.There are some guys that come on this site that have seen my car at the strip.I dont have videos.Sorry. But I will get some .My body shop also sponsers 2000+hp turbo charged Camero W/a 101 trim thumper turbo runs 6 sec QTRS over 200 mph on a 10" slick.Also a single turbo supra W/juice making over 900hp to the wheels.Dont know what its going to run becuase we cant keep a tranny together.Im not trying to brag.Just wanted you guys to know we got some sick fast cars.I started messing w/hondas again becuase most of my buisness base are hondas.Plus I love them.Just gives me a reason to build a phat one.Agian jeffie sorry for comming of like a dick.MY bust dawg.

Jeremy.

you spell camaro wrong noobulightgandarstratus

Hey guys just thought I'd add my opinion to the BOV thread! On my MR2 Turbo I run an HKS SSQ, its pretty loud, but the reason that I bought it is that in my opinion it is the best design available. You see, most designs, like the turbo XS (no offense jeffie you've got a sick car), use a spring rated for a certain pressure to hold it closed, thus if you exceed that pressure the BOV can leak. The HKS BOV uses the boost pressure itself to hold it closed, so the more boost you are running the harder it's held closed. NO CHANCE OF LEAKING! :D :D That to me is sweet cause I'm pushing 21 psi of boost and the last thing I want is a leaky BOV. ;)

--Dan

MR2 NA to turbo gen II swap.
CT-26 upgraded by turbonetics (for sale)
JDM ceramic CT-20b at 21lbs, to fast for bald tires
HKS EVC IV EBC, HKS Fuel Cut Defenser, HKS Turbo Timer, HKS Intake, Custom 3" single exit exhaust, upgraded intercooler, HKS SSQ BOV, Tokico 5-way adj shocks, eibach springs.

WTB: 17" light wheels, Blitz Nur Spec exhaust, 93+ LSD tranny

Originally posted by markiebredsol@Jan 27 2003, 06:07 PM

you spelled camaro wrong noobstratus

That's like Mr. Furley calling Jack Tripper a wuss.You can delete and edit your own post to clean stuff up.

Dan 91T: (no offense jeffie you've got a sick car) I don't run a XS I run a HKS =) btw when at idle you can put your hand over the outlet and feel some of the air coming out it makes a slight sound like a blown gasket but as soon as you give it any throttle it sucks shut =)

Colorpros: I don't doubt you running 7s in a streetable car I've seen a good bit of cars do that the GNXs come to mind first "saw a few of them do it in person" but my point is this is a honda board and running a streetable Honda in the 7s is well... never gonna happen atlest not till another few years
if you want me to run your 7 sec car using a none honda then sure I have some hookups as I was saying where I use to work my bosses cars engine was $60K he rents it out to other NHRA guys he builds chassis for

heres two pictures I scaned of cars he did I think one was 7-8 years ago the other was 15 or so you can tell the older one from the color =)

s3e35c2c2eeb48.jpg

s3e35c2da1cbe3.jpg

I may have him build a rollcage for my car if I don't buy a prebuilt one

as far as the boost controller I run the AVC-R and could not be any more happy

s3ded64f8638c6.jpg

thats when a vac line came off my turbo opps BTW in the videos I was running 11PSI

Back