1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Suspension Setup for High HP Street car

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by DanTheHondaMan, Jun 10, 2019.

1. DanTheHondaMan

DanTheHondaMan Active Member

I have another build thread on this forum. I need some help/suggestions. I need a new suspension and I don't mind spending money on a decent setup but I don't want to waste money either.

Once the car is complete I will be making over 700whp. But its a street car. I need something that will put the power down and help with traction. But I don't want to kill my neck or back either.

I've been reading about the Blox Drag Suspension and the Skunk2 Pro S II's.

I don't know if I should go custom or what.

I currently have skunk2 struts with ground control coilover sleeves and skunk2/blox camber kits all around. They are actually pretty sturdy and don't sag. But I was only making 350whp with those. I keep reading a lot of mixed reviews. So any help would be greatly appreciated. As I only want to make this purchase once. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. DanTheHondaMan

DanTheHondaMan Active Member

Car is a 2000 honda civic ex

Will be making over 700whp as previously stated. I have solid engine mounts, solid torque mounts, traction bar, front and rear strut bars, I have skunk2 upper control arms with blox camber kit's all the way around with the skunk2 strut's with ground control coil overs.

I think I'm going to keep my current setup. It seems more stiff over a stock setup they way I have it. So far it seems to be a pretty sturdy setup. Car does a good job going in a straight line. However I was only making 350whp before. I will be making more than double the whp as before. With a 100% built motor. That can rev to 9500 with ease.

The only problem I think I will have is that I need to increase my height because I will be running bigger tires. 235/50/15's on the front with 15x8 wheels. I don't know if I will have enough height adjustment so the tires will clear. I will find out in a couple of months once my motor gets back and I start getting everything together.

In the mean time I think more important than suspension is a good quality brake system. I think I'm ganna go with Wilwoods BBK. And will use stock rotors and calipers on rears with good quality brake pads.

3. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Keep your current setup. There are plenty of 500+ whp Civics out there that are running basic coilovers.

If you're worried about clearing tires, you can always take a measurement from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender. That's a 24.3" tire so you'd need at ~12" from the center of the wheel to the bottom of the fender to clear. I'd add an inch for comfort and say 13".

4. CAFROG

CAFROG Honda Minion VIP

I have a set of AMR coilovers for sale. Less than 100 miles on them. Look into them and, if you're interested, let me know.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted