Best Swap for a 12 second 1/4th mile car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icoy22

what would be the best swap for the money to reah the 12's?
ive been thinking about the b18c1, b20, or h22. any engine i get id be dropping about another 5 thousand into it but dont know what to pick from these 3. need some help

knowing what kind of car you have really helps in answering that question....but none of them will be a bolt in 12 second car, i will say that.

i would go with a b18c1 and slap a good turbo on it. that would get ur 12 second et. my stock hb with a b18c1 runs 14.5. good luck!

icoy22 said:
what would be the best swap for the money to reah the 12's?
ive been thinking about the b18c1, b20, or h22. any engine i get id be dropping about another 5 thousand into it but dont know what to pick from these 3. need some help

have you ever been in a car that runs 12's? pretty strong times. you don't really want a daily driver that is that fast. not really efficient, shit breaks a lot, just not a good driver. if you are doing straight 1/4 do an h22 and turbo it. low boost i've seen run 12.5's.

get_nick said:
have you ever been in a car that runs 12's? pretty strong times. you don't really want a daily driver that is that fast. not really efficient, shit breaks a lot, just not a good driver. if you are doing straight 1/4 do an h22 and turbo it. low boost i've seen run 12.5's.

Why not? 12 second daily drivers are tons of fun. ;)

yea ive been in a 11 second car and my brother has a 12 their both daily drivers but i know what you mean about stuff breaking they work on the cars and buy stuff for them atleast once a week. i just want to be in 12's with no problems and willing to spend up to 10 thousand.

what's it run with the D16 turbo setup?
if your willing ot spend 10K, you can probably get a reliable 12-second car outta that D-series.. they're pretty sturdy motors

icoy22 said:
oh yeah and i have a 91 crx si with a d16 turbo

cars are maintenence. if you do anything other than leave it bone stock, you will have to work on it. if it was made to have a turbo on it, it would come with one. you are MODIFYING an engine. so, you will need to build it better. if you already have a d16, i say pull that and put some pistons in it, get some head work done, slap on a big turbo and make sure you spend the money to get it tuned. if money is no object, you could do a k-series with i/h/e and slicks and run high 12's low 13's. i would do that if i had the money. k-series are fun.

oh but moeny is an object im only 17 but getting a loan that how much im willing to spend though

lol, you are getting a loan to modify your car? don't do it. I doubt the bank would loan you that much money for that anyway. Unless it's the bank of los padres.

Oh yeah, to answer your question, a guy near where I live has a crx running a b16 with an fmax turbo kit, tuned with hondata. He is, or at least was, making 12's in it, gutted interior. I think he was running 220 whp. So, it's definitely achieveable without too much effort in a crx. Not much to gut in a crx anyway. I'd go with a b16 or LS turbo setup. Best bang for the buck.

Last edited:
icoy22 said:
oh but moeny is an object im only 17 but getting a loan that how much im willing to spend though

if you are getting a loan, just get a loan and buy a better/newer car. you are retarded if you get a loan to modify a car. you will basically just lose the value of all that money.

nick is not saying your stupid for even thinking it (cause im quite sure weve all throught it from time to time), but what he is saying, is that its not intelligent to take out a loan for car repairs and upgrades. Ive thought about doing it a few times, but in the end, its better for the baby to sit in the drive way and pay a little bit at a time to get her goin again.

I wonder if you can drop a K20 to a CRX??
12s car is not that easy, man. Go for turbo should be one of the possible..however...turbo VTEC is not that easy...
12s daily driving car? With AC and power steering? hmmm...I doubt it...

Nachogy said:
I wonder if you can drop a K20 to a CRX??
12s car is not that easy, man. Go for turbo should be one of the possible..however...turbo VTEC is not that easy...
12s daily driving car? With AC and power steering? hmmm...I doubt it...

Yes you can put a K20 in a CRX.

Yes, 12s are actually pretty easy. It just takes the right parts selection.

Yes, turbo VTEC is easy if you know anything about tuning. It's more difficult to tune than a non-VTEC engine, but not hard.

12s daily driven is a piece of cake. Hell, mine was pretty much there and it was all motor. AC and power steering too.

Calesta said:
Yes you can put a K20 in a CRX.

Yes, 12s are actually pretty easy. It just takes the right parts selection.

Yes, turbo VTEC is easy if you know anything about tuning. It's more difficult to tune than a non-VTEC engine, but not hard.

12s daily driven is a piece of cake. Hell, mine was pretty much there and it was all motor. AC and power steering too.

haha, you are just so great. well,what i can tell is you must be an expert :p
12s car is not easy for me ^_^

I have a friend swap a K20 in his eg6, I look at the engine and I wonder if this shit can go in a CRX? K20 is so long, I wonder how can you drop this shit in CRX? has anybody done this before?

Well, for professor, it might be possible, just we need to modify the engine bay, right? This is quote from a mechanic who says tat nothing is impossible :p

Back