Best Swap for a 12 second 1/4th mile car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

icoy22 said:
no right now i work somewhere else i only make about 300 a week but next year after im done with school im working at my girlfriends dads company making 17 an hour. and thats why im not scared to take out a big loan cause i konw id be able to pay it off

well, then basically it's your decision. you have heard the opinions of many, but it basically comes down to what YOU want. nobody here knows whats inside your head. i personally wouldn't feel comfortable taking out a loan on modifying a car. but whatever you do, think it over and remember the details. good tires and lsd is worth .5 seconds in a 1/4. don't take shortcuts. you will need to get a good clutch/flywheel/tires. a lot of that stuff low budget races overlook because of funds. focus on the details and you will win in the long run. best of luck to you and your build.

WOOHOO IT ENDS PEACEFULLY!!! just like my page about being a noobish crx tuner did! get nick... u never said good luck to me :p

ive heard of it but the money isnt worth it for that swap. that swap would probably run low 14's in a crx stock

ive heard of it but the money isnt worth it for that swap. that swap would probably run low 14's in a crx stock

no, with drag radials and i/h/e you will get to low 13's maybe 13.0 with a good driver.

money is a probalem k20 is out of the question id want to build and turbo with that money too. in sportcompact cat magazine this month there was a modded civic hatch with a k20 and it was only running 14.3

anybody here know how much it be to swap a h22 into a 91 crx? ive heard it about 3 to 4 thousand

are you doing it yourself or getting it done at a shop? you'll save a LOT of money doing it yourself, but if you dont have the know how (or time) and you DO have the money.. i'd say the 3/4K would be close to right on having it doen at a shop

a lot of it depends on what kind of deals you can find on the engine, and other parts though.

stock z6 swap with a small / mild turbop kit will get you into the 12's no problem with good tires and tune. daily driven would be no problem with a good tune. pistons and rod would not be to hard and would easily get you into the low 12's

stock k20 type s swaps are running low to high 12's stock in crx's. shit i seen a i/h/e type r swap in a ef hatch run 13.2

rehoshai the point is I/H/E h22 would not cost me 9 thousand or more to get the same results from the k20

WOW, WORST HANDLE BUTCHER EV4R.

I was agreeing with you. I was linking to information about the k20 swap, but the h22 is probably your best bet.

thats what im thinkning prettie cheap i just want a simple turbo nothing special and the rest of the money goes into the handling

The h22 isnt very turbo friendly...ill just say that now. Not many people can run more than 8psi without breaking. and the ones that do usually break in under a year.

If your going for a 12 second car, that you still want to be able to drive around, you should try making as much power N/A as you can. Normaly aspirated engines are under alot less stress and will last more than 30k miles before you have to start replacing pistion rings and what not. Also, depending on what car you get, your going to spend alot of money on axles, c/vs, ect. because they won't be able to hold the power it takes to run 12s. but good luck, an have fun....

Not really... an NA engine is under stress from the high compression ALL the time, while an FI engine is only under additional stress when it's boosting. For drag racing on a daily driver, forced induction is the way to go.

Back