best tranny for my 96 lude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

moemoe

PRELUDE JDM
just did a swap to my car took the type s engine out and replaced it with a jdm h22 the only problem is the h22 came with no tranny. So i used my type s manual tranny.car runs good but know it can run better!Just taking some suggestion on what tranny to buy.another reason im buying one is because I cant get this timming right on the car because im using the types tranny on the h22.... any help would be thankful

just did a swap to my car took the type s engine out and replaced it with a jdm h22 the only problem is the h22 came with no tranny. So i used my type s manual tranny.car runs good but know it can run better!Just taking some suggestion on what tranny to buy.another reason im buying one is because I cant get this timming right on the car because im using the types tranny on the h22.... any help would be thankful

The best transmission would be the one that goes with the engine, i.e. a manual JDM H22 transmission. HOWEVER, the Type S transmission that's on there should work just fine and have pretty decent gearing.

Oh, and I very much doubt that the transmission you're using has anything to do with the engine's timing problems... :roll:

so theres really no difference in the f22 and h22? and on the timming should i set like if it was the f22

Oh, I see. You said "Type S" and I thought you were referring to Prelude Type S they had in Japan. You're just talking about a base model 92-96 Prelude, right?

In that case, the H22 transmission is definitely a better choice then the F22's gearbox. The F22 has longer gears. You'll accelerate faster with an H22 tranny.

As for the timing, you need to get a hold of a repair manual for whatever engine you're using. It doesn't really have anything to do with the transmission...

tranny wont sit right

i have an f22b in my 94 lude. had a m2s4. had only 1st and reverse so i swapped it with a h2a5. am i in need of a new mounting kit?i want to get back on the road but i will replace with the orig when i find one. so i dont want to cut the orig mounting hangers out.

i have an f22b in my 94 lude. had a m2s4. had only 1st and reverse so i swapped it with a h2a5. am i in need of a new mounting kit?i want to get back on the road but i will replace with the orig when i find one. so i dont want to cut the orig mounting hangers out.

Start a new thread idiot. Don't resurrect a year old topic to ask a non-related question...

Back