best tuning for turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbob18cCOUPE

so the b18c is built, and turbo'd, ready to drop into the 95 civic coupe. it goes on the dyno feb 1st. my mechanic is all about megasquirt, has a guy who is probably the best licensed installer you can find (he also works for nasa). He would be re-doing the ECU, wiring harness, switchin over to coils, any and all wiring would be done. and very well. He is also going to be tuning it. Im wondering if anyone has had success with a good tuner here in central florida, or what ECU's and stand alone's people have had success with. my biggest concern is quality work, especially because tuning is such a crucial step to maintaining engine life. any input is much appreciated.

megasquirt is ok... i've used it on mikes neon. it's not very feature rich. Its a good no other option available software. but, there is better software available :) There's 0 need to re-do the harness or switch to coils.

go see these guys:
Central Florida Turbo
and get a second opinion.

i was pretty interested in switchin to coils, from people ive talked to who have done it, they love it. it also means the magnet pick up for timing, which keeps it from bouncing around a little when it gets timing from the belt. not to mention better spark. as far as the harness, your absolutly right. thats pretty much the downfall. i've had a friend who had some bad work done by CFT, i'd never speak bad on em, cause i know people who have gotten good work from them too. but that kinda incident keeps me away.

Last edited:
Back