Best Turbo Cams

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brettII

KMS-fab
hello, my friends. i am looking into a HB with a swapped b18c. the motor has stock internals, and no upgrades on the motor (i.e.-cams, retainers, pistons,etc.) i wa wondering what are some good cams to run in this car. the turbo is a t3/t4 60 trim. and the car has the needed fuel for any application. and it is also a fresh motor (30k). is it a good idea to go with skunk2, JUN, Toda, etc. thanks for the input.

brett

yeah i've heard crower makes a mean set but they seem to be expensive like you have said so....anything else you guys recommend. i hear skunk2 is doin well with theirs thanks

brett

For stock cams, the B18c1 GS-R cams are the ticket. My buddy here just made 470+ at the wheels on stock GSR's in a built 2.0L b18c1 with an SC61 turbo. His car is f'n fast.

Geoff made 585 whp with stock GSR cams.

youre better off taking the 2000 you'd spend on getting cams, gears, and valvetrain to hold it on sleeving the bottom end, and getting forged pistons.

from there on in, you can run 20+ psi with proper fuel on a large turbo.

IMO, cams are a waste of money for turbo, unless you are already 100% built, and its the last mod to do to make more power (if for some godly reason you need more than nearly 600 whp!!!)

indeed, I don't think cams would be the best use of your money there.

why just gsr cams? i hear having the vtec on a turbo may create flat spots....any truth to this? also, i'd imagine that proper tuning may make these flat spots go away so... the car has a gsr motor in it so....also, what set up does the guy have to get a 2.0L? B20 bottom end? or is ot just sleeved and bored out a lot? what kind of turbo is that SC60? or whatever was posted near the top? thanks a lot guys, jsut getting input and POV's.

brett

thats what tuning is for. if anything, larger cams make it even more abrupbt

2L can be lots of things. 85mm bore, stock storke gsr
84mm ls/crv stroke, and any other combo you can think of

you dont need 2l.

once again, Geoff from above with 585 WHP is stock 81mm bore., sleeved, 10:1, stock head, stock cams, stock IM

use the boost- not your wallet.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 25 2003, 12:24 AM
use the boost- not your wallet.

Deep wallets are always good when you're boosting though. :lol:

Back