best turbo for 94 hatch w/gsr (built head)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gsrhatch3383

hey everone new to hondaswap.......so dont laugh at my questions or posts to bad :) i have a 94 hatch with a gsr swap bottem stock the head has skunk itm skunk cams aem gears valves springs and retainers....i have another gsr block in my garage that im sleeving and doing je pistons maybe a set of rods so i can put together a turbo setup thats done right that wont !!!BLOW UP!!!:eek: ....sorry about all the blah blah....my question is what type of manifold will mate a 14b mitsu turbo to a gsr...also any info on injectors, bov, wastegate, intercooler that would work for a put together kit until i get the block built and maybe a peekboost kit to put the numbers i want the right way...thanks for all the help:) also i know a little about the honda stuff so any questions i would be happy to help anyone out with;) ....thanks for listening tune in next week for gsrhatch3383s next novel..

don't waste your time with a 14b. that turbo is too small for d-series, let alone a built b-series.

14b + high rev = HEAT SOAK LIKE A MOFO

If you want response with power get a T3/T4 with a .48A/R. It will still spool up pretty quick(not as fast as a 14b obviously) but will have the top end performance you're looking for.

ok ok bad idea with the 14b...im wanting to put a cheap kit together just to push like 6-7 lbs and make a little more power as i said earlier in the thread im building the gsr block for a good turbo setup the correct way.....

anyone know of a turbo that would work and what type of manifold would mate to the engine and turbo just for a couple months until i can get the other block done and get a kit :confused: :confused: :confused: thanks for all the help.... this so far is the best forum setup and nicest people i have ever talked to in honda forums...also the most knowing:) :)

well thats good info thankyou....how much would that turbo be and can you do the 360 degrees thrust....i was thinking of the t3/04e for the new block...again thanks for all the help......what type of intercooler for the motor thats in it now would i be able to run a sidemount like an old starion or would i need a front mount for that size of a turbo...:confused:

I wouldnt. Since you plan on building up, have everything ready. Do some 2.5" or 3" piping with a good size FMIC. Make sure you dont cheap out and get those ebay 2-2.5" thick POS'.

The turbo from a good company will be around 8-850. The precision T4E I got has 360 thrust bearing and cost me 850.

thats good stuff but no way im going to cheap out on anything for the setup with the built motor.....that just wouldnt make sense...i will probably go with a intercooler from maybe spearco or maybe from full-race.....the turbo will be a 360 thrust unit and as for the bov and wastegate i will be using the hks super seq bov and a tial wastegate..for the manifold i really want a ramhorn equal length from full-race...running the hondata s300 with injectors rail pressure reg and a walbro 255 pump... anything i forgot what do you guys think about this setup for turbo timer and boost controller i dont know anything about the timers but i want the blitz sbc-id boost contoller.....thanks for listening

Turbo timer = waste of loot. It just idles you car for you before it turns off, if you drive the car hard, let it idle for a minute or 2 then shut it down. This way the oil temp will cool down as well as all the metal internal parts.

You CAN get a boost controller, but if you have an External WG, you can just change springs quickly and change boost levels.

Everything else you listed sounds fine, go with some 550 or larger injectors since you plan on buidling up down the road :)

thats what i wanted to here i was going to do 1000 inj....so if i decide to push crazy boost i will have enough fuel but im probably going to get a boost controller so i can just change boost without getting out of my car.. just easier ya know

i figured that i could tune the fuel map out and if i ever needed the extra fuel i could re tune and have that inj already there....what do ya think or would 440s or maybe a little bigger be better

I'll say at least get the 550cc or up. My friend's b20 vtec turbo made 281 hp to the wheel and like 211 pound of troque and he max out his 440cc injectors. I would at least get some 650cc or even 750cc. Always good to have more fuel then not enough fuel.

Last edited:
thats right i just dont know what im going to do as injectors yet but thanks for the info and is his b20/vtec is it built or stock can you tell me a little about it...thanks

The b20 vtec is all bone stock. I beleive he is running a precision sc61 turbo with the .63 a/r @ 10 lbs of boost, fmic, greddy rs BOV, skunk2 intake manifold, RC 440cc injectors, 3 inch DP, and 2.5 straight though catback. Tune with hondata s300.

ok im going to be building a block i was going to go with the gsr so i can have the rpms but how reliable would the b20 block be with a gsr head....done right....thanks

right but what about rpms will i have to shift at like 7000 rpm or built right will it go to 9 thats what i shift at now........im just confused on what motor to build i think that around 300-350 whp is good but i want the tq alot of it...

My cousin rev his b20vtec to 9-10 k all the time when he race it. But to be a safe side you put a gsr/itr gridle on the b20 bottom. I belive z10 and golden eagle have a kit for it.

Back