Best Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tloc

Ok i was wondering which turbo, brand and size(including A/r & trim) i should get... this is going on a b16a in a 88 CRX.y goal was to have around 300 whp... i was told by a person from turbo-kitz.com that i shoyld go with a turbonetics t3/t4 57 trim .63 A/r ceramic ball bearing... i agreed with the size of the turbo but haven't really heard anything good/bad about turbonetics... i was theinking about also going with a garett GT28rs ball bearing but wasnt sure if it would work best for my application.... i was wondering which would work better on this particular setup... or if anyone else had any ideas on other turbos...Please post full specs(brand, size... etc)

both will work well...the hybrid is a good choice to be cost concious, but the gt28 will spool faster.

both are very good turbos and will easily hit your goals.

i know you didnt list turbine sizes, but really, for a 300hp goal, even a .46 turbine can do that (at higher boost).

i didnt really list specific sizes because i needed help and wanted input on what would be best for the range i plan to run my turbo.. that was part of the original question ^^^.... i was thinkin it would be the t3/t4 but i could only guess on what sizes would be best for me

for a b16, on a budget, go with the t3/04e 57 trim .60/.48. Itll fit the power goals you have.

I'm running a b16 with a turbonetics t3/t04b h-trim .63 a/r and the response is good even with stock piping:D. But I say go with the t3/t04e .57/.63ar and you'l be much happier. HCI had a B16 boost article on both garrett gt28 (edelbrock turbo kit) and turbonetics t3/t04b v-trim and they liked wat numbers the turbonetics put out!

nevr go smaller than a .63 exhaust housing on a b series vtec motor.

i suggest a t3/t4e 57 trim for your goals.

Turbo question

I'm in the process of the same thing, B16a boosted to 8-10 pounds, low 200 hp on stock block. Using the 57 trim hybrid turbo, at what rpm will it spool up and start to build boost?

I'm in the process of the same thing, B16a boosted to 8-10 pounds, low 200 hp on stock block. Using the 57 trim hybrid turbo, at what rpm will it spool up and start to build boost?

About 3000rpms or maybe sooner but full boost (8-10psi) about 4000-5000rpms. If you're looking for street power get a ball bearing t3/t04e turbo and you'll love BOOST:D more than ever !

Thanks...

Thanks for the spooling info, due to cost I can't swing a BB turbo so that means I just will have to wind it up higher....lol

Back