best value for money synthetic oil???? which

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In the Amsoil brochure, I believe Mobil was the second best...

Quoted post[/post]]
In the Amsoil brochure, I believe Mobil was the second best...

WELL TO JUST KEEP IT REAL............NO BRAND IS GOING TO DO A TEST AND PUT THE RESULTS OUT THAT DO NOT SAY THAT THEY ARE THE BEST......!!!!!!!!!!! I personaly don't know which of the two is the best but i do know that............

Quoted post[/post]]
WELL TO JUST KEEP IT REAL............NO BRAND IS GOING TO DO A TEST AND PUT THE RESULTS OUT THAT DO NOT SAY THAT THEY ARE THE BEST......!!!!!!!!!!! I personaly don't know which of the two is the best but i do know that............
of course they arent going to say their brand isnt the best, but it does show Mobil being better than the other brands...

Maxima Ultra.... wait, I ride an R6. That oil is awesome. I rev to 15k all day :) But at nearly $12/liter, it's a bit pricey.

SO 10W 60 IS WAY TOO THICK for my four banger (d15z7),im gonna change it a.s.a.p, id like to beleive that the only detrimental thing the racing-synthetic 10w60,has been doing to my engine is sap power,because of its weight ?????????

You should be running 5-30 or 10-30
I'd recommend 5-30, much thinner and runs smoother

I just bought a box of 12 quarts of amsoil at a local dealer for 65 bucks, great stuff

just switched from 10-30 to 5-30 on my b16 and it's really much smoother

Quoted post[/post]]
You should be running 5-30 or 10-30
I'd recommend 5-30, much thinner and runs smoother

I just bought a box of 12 quarts of amsoil at a local dealer for 65 bucks, great stuff

just switched from 10-30 to 5-30 on my b16 and it's really much smoother

:werd:

Heavy oil, like 50+ weight is for apps where the extra heat capacity is really needed. turbo apps use it because it is more resistant to the heat breakdown in the turbo (if it is oil cooled of course), and because it will soak up more heat, "wetting" the cooling surfaces better than the thinner oil. New oils are also getting to the point that oil breakdown at high temps is almost a nonissue. Unless you are running turbo, or some ridiculous amount of power, general rule of thumb is the thinner the oil, the better.

so what oil would some one use if they have a 200HP-300HP FI honda???

Quoted post[/post]]
mobile 1, then castrol syntec.

You can't go wrong with either one.

P.S. If the engineers at honda built the motor, and then recomended 5w30, don't you think that is what you should be using?

They designed it specifically for 5w30. Not 10w30 or 20w60. The tolerances are all spec'd to 5w30 oil. Use it.

I agree on a brand new motor. But, on a 120k mile motor those tolerances aren't the same any longer. I used to run Quaker 5w30 synth until I started burning a little oil. Not visible but after 3k I would loose almost a quart. Now I run Quaker 10w40 synth and don't burn much if any oil. Now I used to be able to find Quaker 5w-50 synth at autozone. I used to run that in my 88 civic with 170k on it. Didn't burn a freakin drop of oil. Rev's climbed quick too. If I could find that now and days I would run it again. Read the link below...

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question164.htm

Back