Best way to lower it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SHOGUNOVDDRK

*hides face* hosmer please dont beat me up....

i know im being a pest..... so ill be quick and straight forward (ive already technically asked this question already)

what would be the best way to lower my civic....(springs, camber etc etc)

and some linkage would be good tooo ;)

*prays not to be beaten up*

oh yeah by the way ♥ u all lol

the 3rd gen Civic uses torsion bars, rather than springs, on the front of the car - in the rear, it uses coil springs on a beam axle, which is located by trailing arms and a panhard bar - to lower the car, you need to reposition the torsion bars on the front and use shorter springs on the rear.

the front torsion bars can be adjusted to lower the car about 1/2 inch or so by loosening the adjustment nut underneath the car on both sides - to get it any lower, you will need to remove the torsion bars and reposition them 1 notch lower in the torque tube - coilover shocks are the best way to lower the rear - if you are cheap you can use the rear springs from the Civic Wagon or the Integra and cut one coil off, although cutting coil springs is generally not a good idea.

**NOTE** when you lower the rear, the axle moves closer to the driver's side due to the panhard bar - to correctly reposition the rear axle to the center of the car, you will need to shorten the panhard bar, or better yet, make it adjustable.

Back