best way to mount my harnesses?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SPEEDFREAK0920

sup guys. alright my question is,what's the best (most secure) place to mount my harnesses? the bottom straps to the originial seat belt spot and the upper straps to the rear seat belt locations? or the upper straps to the top of the rear seat belt? or right behind the driver and passenger seat just bolted to the floor or something? thanks for all the help

Any location is going to be just as secure, as long as you use the original bolts, or the replacments it should come with. But you need to look also at the design of the harness. Schroth have an adapter that evens them out when mounted to the lap belt position, since they are made to be used at the shoulder bolt in, they have unequal length straps, and can cause damage if the adapter is not used.

The best advice is to follow the manufacturers directions, as they have done the proper safety testing.

The upper straps should go to a roll bar. Using a harness without rollover protection is just stupid.

Using a cage without a helmet is more stupid.

umm, roll bar and cage are two different things man...i know you know that, cmon man...but yah, without a roll bar, you're in trouble with a harness; if for some reason your car ever flips, say goodbye to use of your limbs...a normal seatbelt allows the passengers the mobility to move enough to not suffer severe neck damage if and when the roof caves in...with a harness, you're just strapped there with no way to move your body out of the way...so please get a roll bar, as in the "cage for the rear of the car", not a full roll cage, because as 92b16vx stated, that is just as dangerous without a helmet.

Back