Best way to repalce o2 sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

odnet

Well, starting to see a CEL, and it's telling me o2 behind cat. Seems like a simple part, but there is a gromnet holding the wire fairly stiff into the chassis of the car. How hard is it to get to the connector in a 96-98 Civic EX? Any idea about how much time I'll be stuck under a lift?

Thanks

as far as i know the cat needs to be taken off to replace it. well, you don't have to but it makes it a lot easier.
the cat has 2 bolts on one side and 3 on the other.
it should take you about 10 minutes from start to finish.
it's a straight forward process. if you've never done it before check a Helms or Haynes manual for some instruction. OR, gimme about 10 minutes and I'll draw a diagram for you.

here's the pic:

s3f2557cc1c237.jpg

i went too da skool of art n syence in san fransisko.

i think B needs to archive all of my paint intructional pictures and put it in the FAQ section. :p

don't forget about the other couple ones i drew. remember the short shifter install. hahaha

That o2 sensor looks like a blue sperm trying to get in a red egg. Or it can be pictured as a tampon. Sorry. Im bored. :spin: Gj on the explaination in the drawing though.

LOL! thanks for the picture.. but no.

How do I replace the o2 sensor from the harness!? The harness is under the car, but tucked away and blocked by a gromnet.

O - gromnet
-- - Wire
> - Harness
[] - o2 Sensor
| - Bottom of Car

>-----|O--------[]Cat.

What's the best way to reach the harness, should have been my question.

sorry, i don't know that part of it. i have a obd1 car so it doesn't have that second o2 sensor and i've never had to replace a o2 sensor back there.
if it's going up in to the cabin then just unplug it from inside the car and pull the grommet out with the plug and put it back when you're done.

haynes or helms manuals should tell you how to do it.

That was the answer I was hoping least for... but I guess it's under the console somewhere... probably about the same amount of time to install a shifter I suppose.

Thanks for the help! :ph34r:

Back