best way to strengthen subframe on EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I havent gotten it yet. He ordered it already, I wont get it 'till xmas, wont install it 'till the snow is gone (unless I get antsy :D )

I think I'm going to get the Comptech sway/tie bar setup
I found a local "distributer" that can get it for me for $360 and I think the comptech unit is the best one because of the solid tiebar/subframe reinforcement

unless someone has seen a better price on the comptech?

is it going to f' up my handling to have a 22mm sway bar on the rear and no sway bar on the front?
I have a front sway off a SIR2 along with the front LCA's off that car (included with my swap... :D way to go Japan Direct!)

I could put that on if needed but I want to kill understeer so it seems like no front sway would do that

Originally posted by seanjuan@Nov 11 2003, 08:49 AM
I think I'm going to get the Comptech sway/tie bar setup
I found a local "distributer" that can get it for me for $360 and I think the comptech unit is the best one because of the solid tiebar/subframe reinforcement

unless someone has seen a better price on the comptech?

is it going to f' up my handling to have a 22mm sway bar on the rear and no sway bar on the front?
I have a front sway off a SIR2 along with the front LCA's off that car (included with my swap... :D way to go Japan Direct!)

I could put that on if needed but I want to kill understeer so it seems like no front sway would do that

your handling will not be f'd up, i ran a 22mm ITR rear sway on my coupe with no front sway and i liked its drivability. on my del sol, i have the same rear sway, but stock front sway, makes the car a little more nutral, try out both, and whichever you like go with that.

yeah, that's the plan
since I have the components laying around to do the front if I want I'm not really out any more money if I decide to do it

how tough is it to swap rear LCA's?
any tricks to getting them appart?

Back