Bet with my friend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

true that. If he stays as is and you go thru with everything planned, it should be a good race. I would practice my launches to death before the race :)

i agree with t&a (lol i just read that back to myself)

you do need to tune it. if you upgrade your injectors, you'll need to most likely adjust fuel... last thing you want is to spend all that money and have it go way lean and boom.

:) I have a wideband o2 specifically for my car (aside from the tuner's o2 he uses for other cars) simply because I like to routinely make adjustments and make sure my car is running optimally.

[side note]I know I'm paranoid. But, I'm learning to tune... and I'd rather blow MY car up than someone I'm tuning. :)[/side note]

Hello y'all,

I'm the friend that bet James the $40 for the race. I know he is going to spend more than $40 to build his car into something that can challenge the Mach. I started the bet to give James some modivation to finish the car and get back to the drag strip. I know he has the money for his car but recently he has gotten into a croud that I think is bad for him and its taking all of his money. Over vacation he told me how much he enjoyed working on the car with me instead of hanging with the "other" group. I Decided to give him some modivation in addition to the bragging rights.

The terms of the race are as follows:
Run your car
No limits on tires and wheel selection
He is allowed to add anything he wants to his car within his budget
I am restricted to a new rear diff and 31-spline axles
Head-to-Head, quickest E.T. wins

I thought I'd post up so y'all dont get the impression that the "Rich" friend is being an jerk by dangling money infront of James. I did this out of friendship and knowing how much James and I used to enjoy racing together.

Last edited:
You know what I like the most?

They aren't stupid like my buddies and want to just go race somewhere side by side. No, they're taking it to the track. Mad props to ya guys :thumbsup:

Thanks for the props. I know alot of people street race, but Ive come close to getting busted or getting into an accident and have given it up totally. Wining a street race just isnt worth my life or license.

Hello y'all,

I'm the friend that bet James the $40 for the race. I know he is going to spend more than $40 to build his car into something that can challenge the Mach. I started the bet to give James some modivation to finish the car and get back to the drag strip. I know he has the money for his car but recently he has gotten into a croud that I think is bad for him and its taking all of his money. Over vacation he told me how much he enjoyed working on the car with me instead of hanging with the "other" group. I Decided to give him some modivation in addition to the bragging rights.

The terms of the race are as follows:
Run your car
No limits on tires and wheel selection
He is allowed to add anything he wants to his car within his budget
I am restricted to a new rear diff and 31-spline axles
Head-to-Head, quickest E.T. wins

I thought I'd post up so y'all dont get the impression that the "Rich" friend is being an jerk by dangling money infront of James. I did this out of friendship and knowing how much James and I used to enjoy racing together.

Awesome. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

I'm still going to smoke ( goes good with my other hobby, music) and streetrace though. . . although if i get the summer job i plan this summer it will allow for all three.

Last edited:
Back