Better Set Up To Sc?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jmcfkya

okay, last question before I make my mind up. If I'm going with the b20 bottom end........ and I plan on putting the sc on. would I be better off with the b20 block and a b16 head, or a gsr head? and would it be cheaper to just work the b16 or b18 block to make it better than the b20 block? if so which set up is best and the least amount of money?

i'd go with the b16 head.

IMO, the b16 head is better for boost while the gsr is better for NA.

again, its not a proven fact- its just my opinion.

as for the last part, if you have the cash, a cr/vtec is bad ass. esp SC'ed.
if you dont have the fundage to do it correctly, i say get a gsr swap and put the jackson on that.

you could also get a complete gsr swap, sell the head, get a b16a2 head, and get the gsr block sleeved to 84mm.
that will put you at about 2.0L of displacement, with a better head for boost (again, my opinion).
but that is a lot more money....

thanks. It's not something i'm doing right away, I'm not too worried about the money, I'm going to save and get what's best for the money. i hear the b20 block needs to be resleeved anyways. so i might just go with the gsr block and b16 head. hey, resleeving the block to a 2.0 will that push up my torque? if so where about would it put that torque?

it will increase torque as well as compresion, even using the same domed CC piston, as there is more combustion area

Back