better than the transformers movie

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Glad they're moving forward, but this movie was greenlighted before the current trend of cool-movies-that-pay-homage-to-the-original-material-and-don't-suck came about, the current Batman Begins/Dark Knight for example. I worry about it for that reason, and for the fact that it needs at least the budget of Transformers but doesn't have it. :(

This movie will need the feel of 300, not just its special effects, to even get near the ballpark of decent.

Last edited:
Fucking sexah. I had votron as an avatar for a bit, but optimus took over. Hrmm, I'd be willing to bet Voltron would tear optimus a new one.

That's AWESOME! I still have my Voltron figures, even though the original ones were thrown out by my mom when I was younger because of the "lead paint" scare.

That's AWESOME! I still have my Voltron figures, even though the original ones were thrown out by my mom when I was younger because of the "lead paint" scare.

Movie moving forward...

Voltron: Defender of the Universe is moving forward with plans to make the film cost-effective using technology seen in films like 300. The film is of course based on the popular Japanese animated TV series of the 1980s.

The movie is being described as a post-apocalyptic tale set in New York City and Mexico, where five survivors of an alien attack band together and end up piloting the five lion-shaped robots that combine and form the massive sword-wielding Voltron that helps battle Earth's invaders.

Credit: Variety

Hell, make it anime, I'd watch it.

i predict this movie will be such a pile of shit, people will be actually lighting themselves on fire in the theater because of the disappointment

this pile of shit will make the first Hulk movie look like Oscar material

there gonna have to dump some serious money if its gonna be good.

Back