1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Matts96HB, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Matts96HB

Matts96HB . Moderator VIP

Hey all,

I'm shopping for tires. I want something that is really going to stick because I'm going to be laying down some decent power. I've been looking at these: BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial

I want to hook off the line, but still retain some streetability and ability to take some corners.. any suggestions?

2. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

My friend has a pair for his boosted Sol, he hasnt ran on them yet, they are sticky though, you can push your fingernail into them pretty easily.

3. Matts96HB

Yeah, I'm kinda torn.

I'll either:

-Pick up some Falken Azenis for now, and buy a set of wrinkle walls and rims for just the front

or

-Drag Radials all the way around

or

-Drag Radials in the front, Azenis in the back?

I dunno what to do.

4. efhondakid

efhondakid My name is Byron. VIP

Ive ran Yokohama AVS ES100s and Dunlop Direzza DZ101s and liked them both, neither of them are drag tires, but are very good high-performance street tires.

5. newb

newb phresh VIP

I know drag radials in general stick pretty well in corners for being a "drag" tire. I got some ET Streets for my car, with Goodyear Eagle F1's up front, and now the only thing I have to worry about in corners in my power steering pump shittin out. The car is glued to the road.

6. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

get some falkens for normal driving,,you do not want to drive on normal drag radials.they wear fast in normal driving conditions,,just get 2 rims in 15" and put the drag radials on them for racing,,or just go all out slicks

7. Matts96HB

Yah I think I'm gonna do that. Just get a cheap set of 15" rims for the track, and keep my fat fives for the street with the Falkens on them. Just ordered the Falkens, $360 shipped to my front door and I get free mount/balance at Liberty Tire.

8. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

yeah, drag radials will last you about 4 weeks on the street before they are shot if you DD them. not to mention, hope you don't get caught in rain.

9. newb

newb phresh VIP

My ET Streets do better in rain than my Falken Zexius or whatever the hell they are lol. And the Falkens have a lot of rubber left.

10. 97hatch

97hatch ?

yea drag radials are DOT tires but not ment for the daily drive and the handle like crap in the corners due to the soft side walls on them

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted