big brake conversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

9inch

who can give me some info on converting my rear drums to disc's. i have a b16a in my crx and i want to have the added stopping power. along with converting my rear drums to disc's i would like to get larger disc's for the front. any info on this conversion would be helpful.

Originally posted by 9inch@Nov 30 2004, 05:05 PM
who can give me some info on converting my rear drums to disc's. i have a b16a in my crx and i want to have the added stopping power. along with converting my rear drums to disc's i would like to get larger disc's for the front. any info on this conversion would be helpful.
[post=424249]Quoted post[/post]​

the whole trailing arm assembly from an 90-93 integra bolt up. Same with a trailing arms from a crx.
That is what I got along with an integra sway bar because my DX did not have one.

As for front brakes, 90-91 integra ,90-91 Civic 4dr EX Knuckles, spindel, caliper and disc replace yours directly. this goes from 9.5 to 10.3 inches I just finished get my part together the put on over the winter.

After that, if you can get 91-94 Accord WAGON caliper(EXACT SAME AS INTERGRA TYPE R(part # and all) and redrill(by a machine shop) 93-96 Prelude VTEC Rotors. This will give the same brake size(or a smig smaller as a type-r)

ALSO NOTE: doing this upgrade I highly suggest a bigger master cylinder(your will probable be 13/15" its stamped on the side) to a 15/15 from a 90 or so Prelude(that is what I have) or a 90-93 integra. Also get the propotioning valve from an intergra(on passenger side fender)

Cost(What I payed):
90 integra Trailing Arms $50 CAN a side at the junkyard
New Rotors/Pads $50-100 Dpepends quality and place of purchase

Front 90 intregra knuckles $50 CAN a side at junkyard
Rotors/Pads Haven't got any yet

Proportioning Valve Free-$20

Master Cylinder Free-$30CAN

For more info and instructions goto:
http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/fulllist.html
about half way down you'll find stuff on brakes

Back