Big Brake Coversion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondanewbie

Have a 93 HB, want to do the big brake coversion, wondering what are the best buys, do i just do the caliper and keep org. brake & pads or do the complete, need suggestions for front and rear. Will be running 17'' rims. Anyone have a set of white (any brand) rims for sale or no someone who does e-mail me. bigboymayo@hotmail.com

if you want a big brake kit look into the wilwood setup

other than that there is the AEM kit (sucks)
or the Brembo kit ($$$$$$$$$)
there are a few others that i cant think of right now

wilwood is definatly the best for the money

just get bigger oem honda brakes, unless you're doing road course or something you don't need the willowwood kit

just do the complete itr sus, brake conversion it is well worth the money.

hes a stunna rollin on 17's .... he obviously wants big brakes cuz they look cool

shit if you want stopping power usually an upgrade in pads and rotors is enough

www.fastbrakes.com

They have an 11" front and rear upgrade that uses stock calipers and the total price for the two kits is about $580. The rear kit is for cars that already have rear discs.

Thanks to the ones that helped, i am a HONDANEWBIE but i do know a few things and was wondering why 17's means someone is in it for looks (E SOLSI) and all the ones bringing note to this must be hard core racers, glad i watched HI Rev Tuners there project HB will guide me in the right direction. you all had to be HONDANEWBIES at one time. so lightlin up and enjoy the freedom to be in it for the looks.

don't start on 17s. You stepping in the wrong pond :p

I guess the people rolling on 17+ just so they can FIT their brakes are all icy hot stuntaz lookin to bling it up and mack bitches eh?

Not quite. If you are driving a car like the 300Z or the Supra, 11" brakes aren't going to stand up to many consecutive hard stops. They need to run 13" (or bigger) rotors. To do that you have to start looking into 17"+ wheels. If we are talking strictly smaller Hondas, then 17's are goofy IMO. 16s are really the biggest wheel I could justify and only if my car was living on the track. As is, a 15" wheel over an 11" rotor is perfect.

Back