big brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wk_runner02

Does anyone have big brakes on a EG. I'm looking for a good kit preferably under a grand. The best deal I have found so far is the wilwood kit from jegs. If anyone knows anything else. let me know please.

what do you have done to your GSR bubble? you really dont need to upgrade brakes with just a swap. if you were running a nasty turbo or something i'd see that you do. get better rotors and pads to stay cheap.

well, its got a dc sports header, jdm password carbon fiber intake, skunk two intake manifold. The man i bought it from (yes its bought not built, that only downfall) said it had type r pistons, and something about hotter cams. the only reason i'm wanting to upgrade the brakes is out was out driving rather aggressively the other day, and both front rotors were glowing orange, and the brakes got a lil spongy. when i stopped the drivers side caliper had actually caught fire.

geebus christ... i would check to see if something is wrong first.

and plus, i like the feel of big brakes, i had a 83 rabbit gti, with 11in. rotors and a scirocco calipers, its stopped great. eventually i may do more upgrades, so i'm just wanting to get all the basics done.

they were just really hot and i parked in some grass, i think a blade might have got up there somehow. the kit from jegs is around 650. thats high, but for a wilwood brake kit, it doesn't sound like that bad of a deal.

Back