Big Brakes?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5thgencoupe

hey guys on those aem and tenzo brake kits that use the factory calipers it only specifies a ex model with abs, i have a dx...just wondeing if i could still use them without any problems? any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks <~~steve

I am pretty sure that the calipers are diffrent. Also, would you really trust your brakeing to tenzo? Look at fastbrakes.com for a kit like that. I know they have them.

The fastbrakes or wilwood kits are the way to go. Which one depends on what size wheel you want to run. I you want to run a 15" then the fastbrakes is the only choice. (this kit is great, I have run it for 18 months now). If you run 16"+ then you can choose between the two. I would still go with fastbrakes because I have had a very positive experience with them.

The AEM kit is way overpriced for what you get, and I don't know anything about the Tenzo kit.

no your DX caliper will not work, its way smaller

powerslot and ebc both make rotors and pads that work excellent on dx's,if you dont care about the big brake look you can use the factory calipers with impressive results on just the front discs,I have a 95 dx coupe sleeper and am very happy with this setup.

is it possible for me to bolt on ex calipers to make this kit work? i like the way the big brake kit looks and im running 17's...the only reason im pushing this so far is because i have the option to pick this kit up for VERY cheap.....also by my car not having abs would that be a problem? THANKS for all the responses guys...these civics are ALOT different from all the trucks ive had in the past lol...a whole new world! <~~steve :blink:

you'd have to do everything... hub assembly, rotor, caliper, rear disc conversion, etc if you wanted to go that way. i'm with ls/vtec - if you are stuck on big brakes, fastbrakes is the way to go

like everyone already said
if you want a big brake setup get the fastbrakes or wilwood kit
DO NOT get the AEM or tenzoR kits
the AEM kit sucks
the Tenzo R kit really really sucks

this dealer near me sells a front brake kit with 13" rotors and caliper relocater for 300bucks - the rotors are slotted as well - 2 of my freinds have them and love them - not sure of the company but if your interested email me at twinturbo944@aol.com and ill look into it for you

Back