Big Brother will be watching you

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX-YEM

Super Moderator
VIP
You can kiss any privacy you thought you had goodbye. I'll be the first to say Orwell was 100% correct as to our future. I'll be wraping my ID in foil when I get a new one as to inhibit personal privacy issues with the lack of security with rfid

On our way to a national ID card

The U.S. House of Representatives approved on Thursday a sweeping set of rules aimed at forcing states to issue all adults federally approved electronic ID cards, including driver's licenses.

Under the rules, federal employees would reject licenses or identity cards that don't comply, which could curb Americans' access to airplanes, trains, national parks, federal courthouses and other areas controlled by the federal government. The bill was approved by a 261-161 vote.

The measure, called the Real ID Act, says that driver's licenses and other ID cards must include a digital photograph, anticounterfeiting features and undefined "machine-readable technology, with defined minimum data elements" that could include a magnetic strip or RFID tag. The Department of Homeland Security would be charged with drafting the details of the regulation.

Republican politicians argued that the new rules were necessary to thwart terrorists, saying that four of the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers possessed valid state-issued driver's licenses. "When I get on an airplane and someone shows ID, I'd like to be sure they are who they say they are," said Rep. Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican, during a floor debate that started Wednesday.

States would be required to demand proof of the person's Social Security number and confirm that number with the Social Security Administration. They would also have to scan in documents showing the person's date of birth and immigration status, and create a massive store "so that the (scanned) images can be retained in electronic storage in a transferable format" permanently.

Another portion of the bill says that states would be required to link their DMV databases if they wished to receive federal funds. Among the information that must be shared: All data fields printed on drivers' licenses and identification cards, and complete drivers' histories, including motor vehicle violations, suspensions and points on licenses.

The Bush administration threw its weight behind the Real ID Act, which has been derided by some conservative and civil liberties groups as tantamount to a national ID card. The White House said in a statement this week that it "strongly supports House passage" of the bill.

Thursday's vote mostly fell along party lines. About 95 percent of the House Republicans voted for the bill, which had been prepared by the judiciary committee chairman, F. James Sensenbrenner, a Wisconsin Republican. More than three-fourths of the House Democrats opposed it.

Rep. Eleanor Holmes Norton, a Democrat from Washington, D.C., charged that Republicans were becoming hypocrites by trampling on states' rights. "I thought the other side of the aisle extols federalism at all times," Norton said. "Yes, even in hard times, even when you're dealing with terrorism. So what's happening now? Why are those who speak up for states whenever it strikes their fancy doing this now?"

Civil libertarians and firearm rights groups condemned the bill before the vote. The American Civil Liberties Union likened the new rules to a "de facto national ID card," saying that the measure would force "states to deny driver's licenses to undocumented immigrants" and make DMV employees act as agents of the federal immigration service.

Because an ID is required to purchase a firearm from a dealer, Gun Owners of America said the bill amounts to a "bureaucratic back door to implementation of a national ID card." The group warned that it would "empower the federal government to determine who can get a driver's license--and under what conditions."

Thursday's vote mostly fell along party lines. About 95 percent of the House Republicans voted for the bill, which had been prepared by the judiciary committee chairman, F. James Sensenbrenner, a Wisconsin Republican. More than three-fourths of the House Democrats opposed it.

god damn red states. look what you've done now!

Indeed... this is nothing new.. The ID card itself is new, but they are tracking you today the same as they will tomorrow.

And these cards will be EASY to counterfeit. When a security patch is released - It's broken within 2 hours - tops.

-> Steve

We'll put more and more faith in the new ID cards, and more intelligent / crafty / dangerous terrorists will get through.

And I'm one of them.

My FBI file started, officially at the age of 17 when I was handed the MASER at my school. A 4 MW microwave beam.

From there, I have actively researched and present tesla coils of all sizes. Tampering with Federal airspace, unlicenced broadcast and noise distubances are federal crimes, and moreover translate to Terrorist activities.

Somewhere, in the USPS records you'll see me flagged for shipping a rifle over national borders (It was an error, I would NEVER send a rigle away. I'm like a battered womens shelter for weapons. Rifles come in, never out. but I'm still flagged)

I'm outspoken against the goverment. I know, am photographed and collaborated with anti-establishment authors and researchers. I am a member of 3 national and international UFO groups. I don't have a phone. My cars are registered in other states, and I have P.O. boxes in 3 states currently. no subscriptions,and nothing is in my name.

I fit just about every profile of a terrorist - Outside of the violent behavior.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 11 2005, 12:26 PM
My FBI file started, officially at the age of 17 when I was handed the MASER at my school. A 4 MW microwave beam.

From there, I have actively researched and present tesla coils of all sizes. Tampering with Federal airspace, unlicenced broadcast and noise distubances are federal crimes, and moreover translate to Terrorist activities.

Somewhere, in the USPS records you'll see me flagged for shipping a rifle over national borders (It was an error, I would NEVER send a rigle away. I'm like a battered womens shelter for weapons. Rifles come in, never out. but I'm still flagged)

I'm outspoken against the goverment. I know, am photographed and collaborated with anti-establishment authors and researchers. I am a member of 3 national and international UFO groups. I don't have a phone. My cars are registered in other states, and I have P.O. boxes in 3 states currently. no subscriptions,and nothing is in my name.

I fit just about every profile of a terrorist - Outside of the violent behavior.

-> Steve
[post=459569]Quoted post[/post]​

want a cookie.....

Originally posted by dveit@Feb 11 2005, 12:43 PM
:werd: :whocares:
[post=459577]Quoted post[/post]​

[conflict] Yeah, The idea is that we are all screwed from the get go. These shocking little announcements serve to jar you into thinking that we are "about" to get f*cked in the ass...

When the truth is - We have been for MANY years. For most of you, longer than you've been alive.

The system is sinister, but it doesn't work. Don't worry about it - It doesn't work. these flags that have to be set off are set off by all of us.
[/conflict]

I know people like to jump right up my ass the moment the situation presents itself - Stop being on the offense so much, you'll live longer.

-> Steve

You know where I stand, Steve. I think we've talked about this before.

Another person that posts about Orwell! Yes! Not just me!

But yeah, I knew this was going to happen sooner or later, its actually a good system if you were to be on the other side of the law.

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 11 2005, 12:26 PM

-> Steve
[post=459569]Quoted post[/post]​

Masers are fun toys. You'd be amazed at the hell you can create with a magnetron and a few high voltage parts. Tesla coils are great sources of power if you can harness it. Otherwise they are a REAL fun toy. I think the description was "blew out cable for blocks and the upstairs neighbor complained because his shag carpet was standing on end".

Only had the FBI visit me once. Computer and phone fraud stuff. Nothing TOO insane.

We've got more in common than not B)

I've been face to face with the FBI, as a questioned individual only twice. My first time was actually stupid - At the grocery store they told me how to ring up a credit card... But I went ahead and started experiementing with the reader.. They showed up remarkably fast.

Then the whole Slide Rule thing. I got my MASER taken away from me when I was blamed for throwing an 8 foot long Slide Rule through the physics teacher's front window. It wasn't me. I drove the truck, but I didn't do the throwing :) The FBI grilled me about that.

-> Steve

And was my post editted ?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Feb 12 2005, 01:15 AM
what did you do with the reader exactly?
[post=459908]Quoted post[/post]​

Probably figured out how to access the config panel.

<----FBI Agent sent to monitor Steve for the last 3 years.... :ph34r:

He's harmless... :lol:

Back