BIG build questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GmodKid

:) good evening hondswap....
as u can see i am new to the site.im wondering if i can get anyones input on a build that i am planning to start soon.im not sure if it would be safe or recommendable but i plan to do a turbo and nitrous b series build!
i am still doin research on the build but any input and advice would be gratefully appreciated.

My tuner has done this, the bigest problem you will find is instant boost and loss of traction on high HP engines.

Zex makes a kit that sprays a small shot untill the desired boost level is reached, then it shuts off. Think of it as a Anti-lag in a can.

Great concept but hard to tune when the wheels are spinning on the dyno...so dyno time is going to be long.

What would be the best internals setup I was thinking eagle rodsje pistons 9:1 low compression but not sure on anything else that would safely handle all the power any help and advice would be greatly appreciated

what is you power goal?? that is probably the most important aspect. im guessing its north of 400whp, so at that point you want to go all out... sleeved block of at least 1.8 liters of course, good pistons and rods, ARP hardware, fully built head, etc...

any reason for adding the nitrous? i mean, you can make 900whp on a b series with turbo, race fuel, and a big budget. no nitrous needed :)

Reason for the nitrous is just a personal preference on the build.not alot of turbo nitrous builds in MD so I want to be one of the few.building the block and going all out isn't really the issue.i am going to put the motor together once its been at the machine shop but is it really necessary to build the head?and my power goal is a minimum of 600whp.just really trying to get as much info as possible to be on the safer side.would be a shame to see another Honda motor go for lack of proper information or carelessness

but is it really necessary to build the head?

IMO ...yes. There's a LOT of power to be made with the head, especially in concert with a bottom end build and boost, even though B's have decent heads stock.

with the power goal you have in mind, you will want/need to build the head. cams, cam gears, springs, retainers would be the minimum i would think. of course you could always do more, like over sized valves, porting, etc.

so here is my list of possible combo setup parts.
eagle h beam rods
sleeves( not sure which set yet)
9:1 low comp je pistons
arp rod bolts
hondata s300
p72 water pump
walbro 255 lph fuel pump
edelbrock proggressive nitrous kit
dont know what bearings to use or what crank i do know i will be using a gsr block.not sure what main bolts to use either so any input would be greatly appreciated

Back