Big lesson to learn about cars

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

do you take your fit? what city are you in?

i live near san mateo in hillsborough. ive taken my fit to about two events. one, i blew my clutch and another my boost was spiking so i took it easy. my buddy danny goes alot and i usually get a few laps in driving his evo. like i said, i cant wait to have a dedicated track car that i can use and abuse then put it up on the trailer and worry about it later.

i wish i could have gotten more time in with the fit but its my daily and i dont want to screw it up too bad. its fun as all hell to drive that car. a 2100lbs car with 205 HP, a super stiff unibody construction and a wheelbase shorter than a mini cooper = a super fun car to drive.

Last edited:
Pretty much lol, Im just over all upset cause i can only get 5-7k out of my Ek when i put more than money but countless hours of work into it. Its just not worth it to build a car any more you never get any thing out of it.

You're looking at this all wrong man. Building a car is a hobby, not an investment. If you want to throw some money into something and then get a return on it later then talk to a financial consultant about making some investments. Or, if you want to make money doing something involving cars, then open a shop and charge people ridiculous amounts of money to build their cars for them.

Also, this isn't just a "Honda thing" that you're talking about here. If you take ANY car and dump a bunch of money into modifying it, then you automatically reduce the sales appeal of the car to a small number of automotive enthusiasts who happen to be interested in EXACTLY the chassis and combination of parts that you're selling. To everyone else, it's just a car that shouldn't be worth anything more then Blue Book value...

Evo? I know most of the evo track guys, whats his name? Is he on the evoempire.org forums?

Last year I put my evo into the wall at sears. :(

Evo? I know most of the evo track guys, whats his name? Is he on the evoempire.org forums?

Last year I put my evo into the wall at sears. :(

his name is danny mosto. he drives an e85 evo IV with rpf1's. im not sure if he is on evo empire tho.

I'd take jeffie's 350 over a stock 370 any day of the week.

I'd take my Z over most any car since it's built by me to fit my taste and does everything I want it to do, however knowing the fit is better just makes me want to part it out.

Maybe pickles will want my GT35R for his fit then he can give kelsodeez a run for his money. fit VS fit race FTW!

oh hush! i know nothing about your z. i am sorry i ever said that most likely a built-for-boost k20 in my fit would be faster. gheez. your z could be a crazy 2000HP car and i dont know it.

his name is danny mosto. he drives an e85 evo IV with rpf1's. im not sure if he is on evo empire tho.
He must be on evo empire.. My evo is also on E85. I love the stuff. You should run your fit on it, I picked up 70whp from the fuel alone.

I'm assuming you meant Evo IX... :)

I'd take my Z over most any car since it's built by me to fit my taste and does everything I want it to do, however knowing the fit is better just makes me want to part it out.

Maybe pickles will want my GT35R for his fit then he can give kelsodeez a run for his money. fit VS fit race FTW!
Jeffie,
I haven't been on here in a while, what have you done to your Zed?

He must be on evo empire.. My evo is also on E85. I love the stuff. You should run your fit on it, I picked up 70whp from the fuel alone.

I'm assuming you meant Evo IX... :)

haha yea evo9. stupid romans and their numerals. i contemplated switching my fit to e85 for when i put the turbo K in, but its such a bitch driving to hayward everytime i want to fill up. i had my fit tuned for 110 octane gas, but that was also a pain in the ass to go to sunoco in san mateo and fill up my jugs so i could put gas in my car. i dont even want to imagine going over the bridge everytime i need a fillup.

Last edited:
oh hush! i know nothing about your z. i am sorry i ever said that most likely a built-for-boost k20 in my fit would be faster. gheez. your z could be a crazy 2000HP car and i dont know it.

It's not about the straight lines but rather the twisties so it shuldn't matter anyways.

NTStudios.com more pictures here.

1z.jpg

110.jpg

111.jpg

7z.jpg

if only it handled like a fit =)

if only it handled like a fit =)

the spoon fit holds its own when it comes to lateral G's. just sayin.

1. Loren & Toseann Fancy - PVP 250CC SuperKart - 1.39 Lateral-g
2. Erich Joiner - Williams FW08C F1 racecar - 1.38 Lateral-g
3. WorldSpeed Motorsports - Pro Formula Mazda - 1.30 Lateral-g
4. Spoon Sports - Honda S2000 racecar (AP1) - 1.17 Lateral-g
5. C-West - Honda S2000 racecar (AP1) - 1.15 Lateral-g
6. Spoon Sports - Honda Fit racecar - 1.09 Lateral-g
7. ForcedFed Performance - Lotus Elise - 1.08 Lateral-g
8. SCC - Project Miata - 1.08 Lateral-g
9. Road/Race Engineering - Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII - 1.06 Lateral-g
10. Calvin Wan - Mazda RX-7 (FD3S) - 1.06 Lateral-g

source: Top 10 Highest Lateral G - Benchracing - Sport Compact Car Magazine

btw, very nice z.