BIG problem stripped head bolt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

told you they work.. i had to use an extension too, so i didnt smash the shit outta my finger.. lol

hey guys i got another problem but this time with a paint job im makin a new tread for it if any of you know of paint i could use the help again you guys really come threw on this one well thanks again

Stripped head bolts fix

I am currently rebuilding an engine and stripped 4 out of 10 head bolts. Ive found the easiest best method to fix this. Dremels!! All you have to do is bore the cone shaped dremel down the head of the bolt until you think your as deep as you can get before hitting the head. Then use the circular dremel to taper out the inside. Once youve reached the bottle of the head youll hear a loud BOOM (it will scare you) and there you are. The head of the bolt poped off and you are left with a loose stem. All of the force on these torqued bolts are in the head of them. So once they are removed you can just pull the head up and twist the remains out with your hand. You should never use a torch on any part of the block because this will almost guarentee warping so empty your wallet. I removed the first bolt with drill bits which took the same amount of time as removing 3 with dremels. Trust me and save money. Use dremels and buy new head bolts. Thats all you need. Good luck to everyone.

Back