big problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spiritofjosh

know your role!
ok, i put in and hooked up all wiring for the d15b vtec in my dx eg. i double checked all wiring and everything and when i went to start the car it cranked but just wouldnt turn fast enough to start but still didnt sound bad (nothing unusual, it sounded like it would start). at first i thought maybe it wasnt getting enough fuel yet but after a long time still it wouldnt turn over. all lights, cd player, inside dash and other electrical worked fine. i checked the battery and it was charged. the starter, alternator and distributor werent replaced (i was getting very short of money and time and havent gotten around to replace it all yet). i pulled the starter out and looked to see how it was looking and put it back in, went to start the car again and blew a fuse and now nothing worked, all electrical etc. i checked the fuses under the hood and i forget which now but the one fuse blew so i changed it and the electric came back on again. i tried starting the engine again and another fuse blew, this time it wasnt the same one but i was so frustrated i didnt find which one it was yet. but im trying to figure out why it keeps blowing fuses all of sudden but wouldnt before, i didnt hook the starter up wrong and all grounds are hooked up. im wondering if it could maybe be my starter or distributor and hoping thats all it is, i checked the distributor and it wasnt in the best condition but wasnt too bad either, any ideas on what i should do?

it was the back up light fuse (7.5) that blew and i just put a new one in and the electricity came back on, i didnt try to start it though. but the fuel pump turns on when i turn the key so that seems to be running properly. any ideas on what else could be wrong?

Back