Big Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1995EGGuy

I got a civic with a b16 sir-ii and when the car is hot the car dips down to 300 rpm or sometiems just goes lower and stalls out. also sometimes when the traffic light turns green and i accelerate the car doesnt even wanna move. help me please!! :cry:

check timing as well.
And check the erratic idle article if you got a problem with that as well.

Quoted post[/post]]
anybody got more ideas?......

Just to let ya know i had the same problem except mine was going down to like 200rpm and 100rpm sometimes but it never stalled. It always freaked me out cuz it could of stalled anytime it wanted. I was running a crappy chipped p28 ecu and the problem started to go away after i changed my computer back to the stock B16 Sir II ecu. Check your plugs as well cuz in my case the p28 ecu did a number on my spark plugs cuz it was running extremelly rich. Does ur car run rich by any chance?

check your fuel pressure.. the same thing happened to me.. i just didnt stall out..

Why did you rule fuel pressure out?
Try IACV... and adjust the idle screw you're not supposed to adjust?

IACV is good and running... dunno if fuel pressure but i dont think it could be that. but also what my engine does is suck gas up like a vacuum cleaner.

Back