bigass hoodscoop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTEC = variable valve timing and electronic lift control

and there is NO DOHC VTEC ZC

the ZC is just a japanese D series... there were DOHC D (ZC) series engines but NONE OF THEM HAD VTEC

why dont you just cut/weld a wrx scoop on the hood and completely get rid of the piping. just put the firter directly on the trottle body.

p.s. i hate hood scoops on hondas. they look like shit. IMO

Originally posted by iluvepills1985@Dec 2 2003, 10:53 PM
gimme a dohc zc vtech and with only 5 grand i can put together a 10 decond car

you said DOHC VTEC ZC

there is none

thats what i (and everyone else) was refering to

I think slightly more aggressive cams? Or a slight bump in compression? I dunno, I don't really like ZC motors anyway.

Originally posted by SolPWR@Dec 1 2003, 04:15 PM
what if the hood scoop was like above the pass headlight and had a drop-in filter to some kind of box with a straight pipe to a small bend to the TB?

hood_scoop.jpg

not good but better than nothing.... like making a short ram angled up a little

I think you've got a point... take a look at the Mitsubishi Evolution 5 and 6 style hoods. They've got that small scoop on the driver's side of the car on the hood. (The one next to the giant vent for the turbo)... it's not really a scoop, maybe more of an indention in the hood. Here's a pic so you know what I'm talking about...

as seen on a Mitsubishi Galant:
http://secure.visracing.com/catalog/produc...a4673625187b968

and one for a Honda:
http://secure.visracing.com/catalog/produc...a4673625187b968

that hood is awesome. cervinis makes some sweet stuff for my car. like a rear bumper with molded square exhaust tips. but it's spendy =(

:worthy:
340_1.jpg

lol its possible to make a 10 second car for 5 grand.....might only make it 3 times down the 1/4 but for those 3 times or less your free...be sure to tune the NAAAAWWWWWZZZZZZ timing and u can run 9's

Ram air did nothing for the Camaro SS, except in the high RPM range. According to Car & Driver, it didn't make it any faster in the quarter - just looked "cool". It ain't gonna do nothin' on a Honda.

Stick to REAL power adders. Get some cams, a better intake manifold, run a (wet) 50-shot of nitrous, or save up for forced induction. You'll be glad you did.

Brian

Back