bigass hoodscoop

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i read in HCI today that you can put washers between your hood and the hinges, so the back of the hood will sit up farther, and create a vacuum-type thing and suck cooler outside air in much like a cowl induction hood

plus, its dirt cheap

and its not some gay-ass hoodscoop.

i think that what ill do is get another hood from a junkyard and test shit out on it and if i dont like it then ill still have my original hood

You guys so NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL before opening your mouths and wasting bandwidth with half baked ideas like that.
Simple aerodynamics 101 will tell you where and how design a positive pressure air box for a car.

You just can't pull ideas from your ass and expect them to stick to the wall

Spun 4 Fun Posted on Dec 11 2003, 11:17 PM
You guys so NEED TO GO TO SCHOOL before opening your mouths and wasting bandwidth with half baked ideas like that.
Simple aerodynamics 101 will tell you where and how design a positive pressure air box for a car.

You just can't pull ideas from your ass and expect them to stick to the wall

and simple english 101 wil explain how to use the word 'to'. B) maybe instead of hating, you could explain it to him. :roll:

dam. 3 pages and nearly two weeks this thing survived in the wrong forum.

:moved:

as for the cold air scoop idea, i tried feeding cold air to my intake via a large hole and ghetto scoop i made with my resonator box and it actually hurt my car's performance. i did some research and found out why. the reason is you need to have calm air that the intake can suck in. if the air around the intake is not calm, the intake has trouble sucking it in. just think of it like drinking through a straw from a liquid which is being stirred. you dont get as much as you would if the liquid was calm.

for this idea to work, you would have to have the filter in a sealed compartment with the intake tube running to that compartment, just like the comptech icebox. this way, the air at the filter only has one way to go (into the intake).

Back