Bigger fuel injectors for my 95 GSR

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSR_J

In the near future, I'm going to need bigger fuel injectors. I'm looking for saturated, pintle type injectors that will fit my car (no resistor box) Looking for 270-310cc/min.

What's this clip issue about? Certain injectors will fit my car but I'd have to modify the clips? I've tried my local forum, and I can't get a for sure straight answer.

Any help is appreciated.

No, stock is 240cc for all B and D series. Prelude 290cc injectors fit right in and are dirty cheap if you just need a slight increase. First off you need to decide on how much HP you will be making and then on the size. RC makes great injectors that are plug and play in an OBDI app.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster@Dec 14 2004, 11:47 PM
Stock is 270

It would be a major waste to go 310's

I'd contact RC Engineering and get some 440's
[post=432326]Quoted post[/post]​

1- 440's are waaay too big for my NA setup

2-Don't want disc type injectors

3-Looking for Saturated, pintle type (oem type) fuel injectors. People have thrown Prelude injectors, Toyota injectors, etc. but with no info to back it up. I do not want to install a resistor box. If I have to modify the clips, so be it

4-I'm using Hondata to tune.

Thanks

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 14 2004, 11:51 PM
No, stock is 240cc for all B and D series. Prelude 290cc injectors fit right in and are dirty cheap if you just need a slight increase. First off you need to decide on how much HP you will be making and then on the size. RC makes great injectors that are plug and play in an OBDI app.
[post=432333]Quoted post[/post]​

What year/type Prelude?

Honda part # maybe?

No modding of the clips? (I was told otherwise, but ...)

Stock B series is 240cc.

290cc is just right for my needs.

Thanks.

i used 330cc RC injectors on my ls/vtec setup, also hondata tuned... i ran around 80-83% duty cycle at 8250 rpm according to my datalogs. i didn't have to modify the clips at all.

I am using Prelude VTEC Injectors from a 92-96 style VTEC Prelude. They were 100% drop in and go, aside from changing fuel multipliers :D

Originally posted by GSR_J@Dec 14 2004, 11:53 PM

3-Looking for Saturated, pintle type (oem type) fuel injectors. People have thrown Prelude injectors, Toyota injectors, etc. but with no info to back it up. I do not want to install a resistor box. If I have to modify the clips, so be it

Thanks
[post=432335]Quoted post[/post]​

I know lots of NA guys running 440's with Hondata and having NO problems. In fact, one of my buddies has a CRVTEC, 12:1 Endyn pistons with Crower 404's and runs a 89% duty cycle.

I'd rather be UNDER my DC, than OVER it....

And 440's are not disc type, unless you ask for them. They come saturated from RC.

Originally posted by AllMotorMonster+Dec 15 2004, 11:06 PM-->
@Dec 14 2004, 11:53 PM

Thanks
[post=432335]Quoted post[/post]​

I know lots of NA guys running 440's with Hondata and having NO problems. In fact, one of my buddies has a CRVTEC, 12:1 Endyn pistons with Crower 404's and runs a 89% duty cycle.

I'd rather be UNDER my DC, than OVER it....

And 440's are not disc type, unless you ask for them. They come saturated from RC.
[post=432958]Quoted post[/post]​

All RC Engineering injectors are disc type. RC injectors come in saturated (high resistance) and Peak and hold (low resistance).

All Honda injectors are pintle type, some models use saturated, some use peak and hold. That's why certain swaps need resistor boxes.

I think you have the impedance type mixed up with the nozzle type.

Nozzle - Pintle (conical spray) OEM Honda type
- Disc (lazer spray)

Impedance - Saturated (hi resistance)
- Peak & hold (low resistance)

The clip issue is what I'm concerned about. I've heard OBD2 injectors won't fit the OBD1 clips. Rail and Manifold fitment is not an issue. (or so I've heard)

As far as my injector requirements, consider this...

A stock ITR makes ~170WHP, redlines at 8400RPM, has 10.6:1 compression and uses 240cc injectors at stock fuel pressure (same as GSR)

270cc injectors will handle 200 WHP with 80-85% duty cycle and stock fuel pressure IMHO

I would be near the 200 WHP mark. 290cc injectors are PLENTY.

Anyways this thread is not about what size injectors I need. The size I need is in the title. This thread is about which injectors will fit my car. Keihin OEM Honda saturated pintle type injectors. nfn15037 says the 92-96 VTEC Prelude injectors drop right in, are 290cc pintle type saturated injectors, and should have no issues with fitment or clips, so I'm going to look into those. If anyone else has anything else to add in regards to fitment issues, etc. please let me know. Thanks.

1992-96 Prelude non-vtec Peak and hold 240cc
1992-96 Prelude VTEC Peak and hold 345cc
1997-up Prelude VTEC Saturated 280cc

Matt, i think you are talking about the wrong years, that or you wired in a resitor box

the 97+ preluder's are the ones you want.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 16 2004, 02:43 PM
1992-96 Prelude non-vtec Peak and hold 240cc
1992-96 Prelude VTEC Peak and hold 345cc
1997-up Prelude VTEC Saturated 280cc

Matt, i think you are talking about the wrong years, that or you wired in a resitor box

the 97+ preluder's are the ones you want.
[post=433245]Quoted post[/post]​

With the 97+ Prelude injectors, are they a straight swap? I've heard the clips (electric connectors) don't fit, and that you have to change the clips to make them work. This is what I'm having trouble with. I keep getting different years of 'Ludes and different opinions of what fits and what doesn't. But thanks for the info. I will research these injectors as well.

Hmm I may have incorrect info on these then. They came from someone on Honda Tech whom I autocross with. He claimed they were Prelude injectors, but they were a straight swap into my OBDI GSR. They tuned like they were 290s but I suppose I wouldnt really be able to tell the difference if it was ~10CC. I guess next time I take them out I will have to send them to RC for balancing and flow testing to see wTF I have lol. Thanks for the heads up, B. So in summary, I have no idea what injectors I have lol.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Dec 16 2004, 10:59 PM
Hmm I may have incorrect info on these then. They came from someone on Honda Tech whom I autocross with. He claimed they were Prelude injectors, but they were a straight swap into my OBDI GSR. They tuned like they were 290s but I suppose I wouldnt really be able to tell the difference if it was ~10CC. I guess next time I take them out I will have to send them to RC for balancing and flow testing to see wTF I have lol. Thanks for the heads up, B. So in summary, I have no idea what injectors I have lol.
[post=433459]Quoted post[/post]​

So whatever you have there, you didn't have to change the clips or add a resistor box right?

Someone had mentioned to me before that the 97+ 'Lude injectors fit except for the clips. I guess I just want confirmation since I'm going to buy them "new"

Thanks for all your input guys.

Ya they dropped in, no resistor box or clips, sorry but I have no idea what they are now....

nfn, who feels confused right now lol

prelude injector clips are the same as b/d of the same obd. seeing as the 97+ is obd2, you may need to score some obd2 clips and simply cut/paste them onto your harness. you can even keep your stck harness intact- just simply spread open the insultation and solder on the new clips then tape it up and leave the oem plugs hangign through the mani runners. i'm sure theres 3412213123 obd2 harness out there that aren't being used due to most people going to obd1 for performance reasons, and RC's are obd1 style as well.

Back