1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bilstein shocks and springs?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Fernpatch, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

Hello all, I have been looking around at different suspension options for my crx and one the sets I found was a bilstein spring and shock set part number BTS-7512. I have not been able to find much information about these so I was wondering if anyone has used them or knows anything about them. I am looking for something that will handle better than stock but does not drop the car 1.5 - 2 inches. I would like to keep as close to stock ride height as possible as I already have trouble clearing large speed bumps and steep parking lot entrances without scraping my exhaust. I have also considered going with KYB AGXs with H&R oe sport springs

2. FLounder

FLounder power hungry VIP

i know the VW performance crowd loves the bilstein stuff. my cousin uses their shocks on his volkswagens. i would think its good quality parts.

3. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

word..if your going for a slight drop get the tein springs with maybe kyb shocks..
    ive heard good stuff about the skunk2 package as well

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Many ITR guys upgrade to Bilstein shocks; not sure if those are similar PNs/valving though.

5. kx125rider

kx125rider New Member

my bro has them on his vw there sweet they handle great.

6. SCCAEK21

SCCAEK21 New Member

A dude I know swears by Bilstien w/ Eibach custom springs for the track and street. I have also run that setup on a VW Rabbit and it was bada$$, feels real solid but not too stiff

7. Fernpatch

Fernpatch Member

so far so good. It sounds like most people that have used them actually like them. I think I amy have to give them a try in a few months once I have the money ready for my new suspension goodies.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted