bin laden offers truce>??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CAIRO — Al Qaeda is preparing for attacks in the United States but the terror group is offering a conditional truce to help rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan, according to excerpts of an audiotape aired Thursday on Al-Jazeera, purporting to be the voice of Usama bin Laden.

The voice on the tape said heightened security measures in the United States are not the reason there have been no attacks there since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

Instead, the reason is "because there are operations that need preparations, and you will see them," he said, according to one translation. "Our people are able to infiltrate through your security measures no matter how strong."

"As for the delay in similar operations in America is not because of your security measures; operations are being prepared and you will see them in your homes," he added.

The voice on the tape also proposed a "long-term truce" with the U.S. military.

"We do not mind offering you a long-term truce with fair conditions that we adhere to," he said. "We are a nation that God has forbidden to lie and cheat. So both sides can enjoy security and stability under this truce so we can build Iraq and Afghanistan, which have been destroyed in this war. There is no shame in this solution, which prevents the wasting of billions of dollars that have gone to those with influence and merchants of war in America."

LOL, NO SHIT
there's goes bush's "domestic spying program"
err wait, no...
this will just give the administration credibility to continue their spying on american citizens...
hmmm, coincidence?

fuck this. call a truce and then bomb the shit out of them.
how is that diffrent from any other "truce" or other contract agreed upon by the US gov't?

Not everyone spells the name the same. As his name is only concretely spelt in Arabic, it can be translated letter for letter differently very easily.

It is the same as spelling a hebrew word in english... There is no correct way.

Like Hannukah... It can be spelled Hannukah, Chanukah, Hanuka...

Quoted post[/post]]
LOL, NO SHIT
there's goes bush's "domestic spying program"
err wait, no...
this will just give the administration credibility to continue their spying on american citizens...
hmmm, coincidence?

...or perhaps its goal was more cunning and an attempt to undermine the United States government. Its easy to say that you had all the cards in your hands, when the people who know whether its correct or incorrect - the intelligence agencies - are not allowed to publically talk about the issues.

How will this give the administration credibility? Obviously Osama convinces the people that attacks haven't occured because of heightened security measures, but rather because they haven't attempted to attack, then the administration is going to be made to look stupid.

I call bullshit.

Osama would never truly ask for a truce because its his beliefs that the United States is evil. If someone's opinion is so strong and reinforced that its a major part of their belief system, its highly unlikely that the belief will ever change. Being a "religious minded person", Osama would never conspire with an evil nation. It doesn't make sense, nor do your statements about this being a ploy to gain credibility for the administration.

if they are stating that the security measures have not stopped them then yes, it makes bush look stupid, but it also conveys the message that there are operatives on US soil now, or in the near future, and this is what justifies the Bush policy of spying within the US...

if they're already here then we need to keep spying to find em, right?

so yes, they are made to look stupid, but they also win some public support to continue domestic spying...

or even increase it if the public is made to feel that there are already operatives in our country...

freedom vs safety...
the cowards give away their freedom to feel "safe"

and there is a chance that he's taking a turn and actually valueing the lives of his fellow religious believers...
what better to have one of your people die, or kill 1 of the enemies... especially when the enemy (the US) outnumbers their ranks(fundamentalists)...

this reminds me of WWII. were russia, hes germany.

There have always been terrorists in the US and there always will be, the administration doesn't need Bin Laden to prove this to the US people unless we live under a rock.

Conspiracy theories don't work well recked.

bot this is info from FOX news, complete rubbish, when I see it on CNN I'll believe it.

lol. Thats just fox doing its civic duty to the republican party. And good lord, a 25 MILLION dollar bounty. Almost makes me wanna fly to afghanistan (sp check for early morning)

i find it truly amazing that both bush and cheney are saying no to any sort of truce and insisting we must destroy the terrorists...

i figured bush would hop on an opportunity to bring some sort of meaningful end to this quagmire...
and thereby save whatever pride and dignity he has left...

what a fucking joke...

Arabs?

Resonable?

Sense?

Truce?

No way in hell this is right. We follow a truce, then get blown up by some master planned attack. The only reason why they would truthfully be asking for a truce is that they are running out of fighters, energy, or money.

Back