Binding Drivers Axle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dougcrx

I have an 89 civic with a B18A1, S1 running place racing motor mounts. I am having an issue with the drivers side axle binding up in turns. I ordered a place racing axle and it fixed the problem but now 4,000 miles later that axle is no good (busted cv) and I really do not have another $180 to spend on an axle. I have been told that the place racing axle is 7/16 of an inch shorter than a 90-93 axle. Can anybody verify this? If that is the case then where would i need to take that 7/16 of an inch out of? Thanks for the help Doug

dude, u gotta pop out the little black seal, its right around the end of the CV shaft, will take 5 seconds, do that and it will be fixed.

I have already popped the dust seal off of the axle and out of the hub. That is not the problem. Doug

check out the 86-89 integra - they are shorter

I friend has the same problem on his crx and he can't fix what 's wrong, he just blew out the axle and purchased another one from Auto zone which I think was a mistake, anyways he put the new axle on his car and he blew that one on the first run to the store. So he took that one back and they gave him another one and I looked under his car where the axle connects to his tranny and the axle is out on the edge of the inner outer joint seemingly causing the axle to blow. But I'm not sure because the axle does have 26 splines and fits on the car. Making the only other car that has same spline axle is a 88 Civic with a 1.5 his being a 1.6. Hmm what do ya'll think.

:spin:

Back