Bioshock 2 on PC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ive got a single GTX285 (FTW speeds, bios flashed), and it handles everything, ive been feeling the urge to just get a second one though. or upgrade to a 480 or 470 lol

i havent picked up bioshock2 yet. but its on my list. ive played a whopping 90 mins of MW2 multiplayer, and only a few hours of L4D2.

i just dont have time to play like i used to when i was working at best buy lol.

i just dont have time to play like i used to when i was working at best buy lol.

Yeah, when you're done with college / part-time jobs / whatever and you enter the real world it's harder to get your video game time in, lol. I still manage to play quite a bit, but I'm guessing that probably has to do with the fact that I'm in an apartment right now and don't have a place to tinker with my car. Once I get into a place with a garage then my limited free time will probably be split between car and gaming...

ive got a single GTX285 (FTW speeds, bios flashed), and it handles everything, ive been feeling the urge to just get a second one though. or upgrade to a 480 or 470 lol

i havent picked up bioshock2 yet. but its on my list. ive played a whopping 90 mins of MW2 multiplayer, and only a few hours of L4D2.

What resolution is your screen? I could upgrade- I'm running two G92 8800GTS 512MB cards in SLI- but there's really no speed gain to be had from an upgrade running 1600x1200. I guess I'm good until I do a full system rebuild- new CPU/mobo/RAM/video/monitor all at the same time. Until then, there's no reason for me to do anything except maybe get a new monitor for more screen real estate.

I don't have time to play anymore either. Hence the huge game backlog. :(

Honestly, I wouldn't bother upgrading unless you just have the money to burn.

the 480 and 470 are NVIDIA's newest cards IIRC, and i saw some benchmarks on a single 470. very, very impressive.

I tried out the multiplayer today and actually liked it quite a bit. It's done in a way that feels very in line with the style and atmosphere of the single-player portion of the game. The multiplayer actually has a loose "story" behind it that runs concurrently with the events of the first Bioshock game. Cool stuff! I think this game was a good purchase! :thumbsup:

Back