birthday ideas for niece

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like the Disney on ice thing. Kids love it and honestly I went to one and had a great time! The DS is another good idea and the games are wicked cheap for that thing.

B do you guys have anything like kid oriented theme parks? Like here we have Dutch wonderland and also Sesame Place. You don't have to take her younger sisters just take her. Also ( here in PA anyways) we have a museum called " Please touch" and its a place to take kids and just have a ball with em. And the Crayola factory is close as well. Those are just some fun ideas that I took an ex's kid too. ( His daughter was 5 and spoiled to all hell)

The only other thing I can say is little girls LOVE Hello Kitty! Trust me.

She's 5? Hmm.....

Get her a pet. Like a hamster or something. Your sister will hate you but your niece will love you.

Bring her to Walmart, Target, Toys-R-Us, etc. and have her pick something out. She gets what she wants, you don't have to guess, and you get to spend some time with her.

Uncle B + Happy Meal + New toy she picked out = Win.

Best idea I have read. My Grandparents used to do this for me take me to Toys-R-Us and have a total of $30 to spend and I looked forward to that gift than anything else I got.

May I suggest a/some webkinz. My son is almost 7 and he loves them. They're stuffed animals that also have a virtual world in which you play with them. They're in the neighborhood of 10 bucks apiece, and you can find them most anywhere now I think, but hallmark for sure.

I'm sure she's already quite computer savvy, I know my little guy is.

How about a DS, B? There are plenty of good games for kids on it and she is old enough to play it. My mechanics son who is six has one and wow, I've never seen a kid so much into a racing game as he. haha It's just a thought and good luck man. :thumbsup:

just dont get her scrabble.. unless her parents dont care about swear words.

my nieces 6th birthday is today, ill scope out what she gets and let you know if she gets anything spectacular.

i say a vsmile or something educational, she is 5...if its something fun she wont even realize shes being taught something.

she has a vtech computer thingge already. got her that for xmass 2 years ago. heh.

While i like the idea of the disney on ice thing.... eh, it's not me.... and i don't baby sit. i'm not exactly good with kids.

like i said, pay an actor to dress up.
then tell her "i have a surprise for you, you wanna meet somebody really cool?"

she'll shit herself when dora or whoever the hell kids love now comes in.

Bring her to Walmart, Target, Toys-R-Us, etc. and have her pick something out. She gets what she wants, you don't have to guess, and you get to spend some time with her.

Uncle B + Happy Meal + New toy she picked out = Win.

great idea right here

you don't wanna babysit so maybe set her up with a catalog
my grandmother used to let us pick something from the sears toy catalog
more fun looking through the catalog than getting the actual gift

or get her a savings bond so you can be the weird uncle

she has a vtech computer thingge already. got her that for xmass 2 years ago. heh.

While i like the idea of the disney on ice thing.... eh, it's not me.... and i don't baby sit. i'm not exactly good with kids.

Thats because you refuse to even bother trying.

great idea right here

you don't wanna babysit so maybe set her up with a catalog
my grandmother used to let us pick something from the sears toy catalog
more fun looking through the catalog than getting the actual gift

or get her a savings bond so you can be the weird uncle

My grandpa used to get me a savings bond for every single holiday. Like T-bill. 50 years. 500 dollars each one. I have a few grand stocked away....collecting interest....that I can take out when I'm 63....

bonds were cool back in the day (series EE). Today, they are a complete waste that barely gain any value in 20 years.

whatever shes in to, whatever she wants to do, make it a reality.
like pay for a photo shoot if she wants to be a model.
or take her up in an action news helicopter if she wants to be a reporter..

like, take her up in one..
shes not flying.. (b's not flying, unless he knows how and happens to own one).

while theyre reporting the traffic or some shit.

wow i have two nieces just around that age too and their birthdays are coming up as well.

werd on the DS. my nieces regularly play mine and minigames on the web. so theyre pretty good at games at the age. or a wii?? parents might like it too.

but outside the usual dollhouse/barbie thing, the best suggestion would be clothes if youre up to picking it out. like a new backpack or shirt with favorite character, especially girls, they love the jesus out of new clothes even at a young age.

Back