Bisimoto Headers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes this header do look a lot different from your average mass produced headers.
It was said to have an 8hp gain on the d16's (MUST remove ac and ps to install). Anybody know if any headers have this kind of hp gain? Cost $600 for D series, $700 for B series.
engine6.jpg

Well a good friend of mine from HS runs somethiing just like that on his 13 second all motor CRX. I would say its a Great choice header for an All motor application. He was even saying something about the guy who makes the headers to me last time, i think hes friends with the fab guy or something.

equal length headers are the shit! I wish i had one. As far as the hp gain, that all depends on the overall setup, but I garuntee that you will get a bigger gain out of that header as opposed to any standard (ie. DC style) header.

matt

under boost from a jackson supercharger, would the bisi header make that much more hp gain than a dc ceramic?

Originally posted by hybrid89@May 10 2004, 02:22 PM
I garuntee that you will get a bigger gain out of that header as opposed to any standard (ie. DC style) header.

matt

:werd:

under boost from a jackson supercharger, would the bisi header make that much more hp gain than a dc ceramic?

I'm not sure, most people I know with JRSC setups run Kamikaze (sp?) headers.
I imagine it would most likely create more power. Bisi = the sheezy.

Didn't Ji say something like with every 90 degree bend you lose one horsepower? that thing has more curves than a teenage girls hips...

Here are some dyno charts comparing the horsepower gains from the Bisimoto header to others: (scroll down about half way to dyno charts)
Bisimoto

keep in mind that similar "looking" headers are not necesarrily the same. The bisimoto uses a Burns Style Collector on all its headers. Burns collectors themselves are $150-250 each collector. and the gains over 4 welded pipes together is significant.

Overall.. you are purchasing a header with extensive development and no cutting corners on the parts. This is a Top notch header for the hardcore enthusiast. Its not for everyone. To really want this means you want the best performance out of your engine.

Any questions feel free to email us.
thanks

Wil

Originally posted by v13tl2omeo408@May 12 2004, 12:52 AM
hey exospeed, is it manditory to remove ps and ac in all applications?

exactly what i was going to ask..

i dont care about teh ps, but i live in a desert (phoenix) and a/c is a a necessity...

I am going to Copy and paste something that SMSP posted on Team-integra (SMSP is inline with a Hytech headerr)

What I was looking for was someone to talk about the temperature distribution of the exhaust gas across a cross section of a given tube. The temp distribution is shaped like a bell curve. The centerline of the tube has the hottest gases while along the wall you will find the "coolest" gases.

You want to maintain the highest average gas temperature to promote flow. Thus the reason for ceramic coatings and stainless steel.

With ceramic coating you want the inside and outside (especially for mild steel tubing) of the tubing coated. Having the inside coated will locate the "insulation wall" closer to the core and increase the average exhaust gas temperature in the tube. Stainless steel is better because its heat conduction properties are poor, therefore it insulates better.

Now think about the bell curve temperature distribtion across the tubing at a given point from the exhaust port. Let's assume we run a 30" long primary that is perfectly straight. As this column of exhaust gases travels down the tube the bell cuve distribution starts off with a higher average temp and a large peak. As it moves down the tube the peak begins to soften and the average temp falls. The rate of drop in the average temperature is based on the tubing material, wall thickness and coating (if any). So, the temperature of the exiting gases is less at the 30" location then at the 1" location.

In the above case we used straight tubing, which can be thought of a "bend" with an infinitely large radius. Since it would be difficult to run 4 straight 30" tubes from a front transverse mounted engine we really need to add some bends for packaging. We have just added something that will impede exhaust flow. Why? because the flow is changing direction and changing at different rates depending on the radius of the bend.

I think everyone agrees that mandrel bends provide better flow chacteristics than crush bend since the diameter of the tube is larger. However, even in a mandrel bend you will get some reduction of tubing diameter. The outside of the bend looses wall thickness while the inside may gain a little and therefore it can't hold the perfect circular cross section as found in a piece of straight tubing.

You'll loose a little bit in the diameter of the tubing each time you go tighter with smaller bend radii. Yes these amounts are very small but they do exist.

Now what about the effect of a radius change on the temperature distribution. In comparison, there is little mixing of the exhaust gases in straight tubing compared to a bend. So when the exhaust gases move through a bend they mix because they have to change direction. The sharper you make the bend the greater the extent of the mixing. What happens to the temperature distribution and average in the tube? If looking at it near start of the bend the average temperature will be just a little lower (since the gases are moving away from the exhaust port) but the temperture distribution will be flatter since some of the hottest core gases have now mixed with the cooler boundary layer gases. This has increased the temperature of the boundary layer gases and this causes an increase in the heat transfer rate. The heat transfer rate increases since there is now a greater temperature delta across the wall tubing.

As the exhaust gases moves through the bend it's loosing more heat because of the hotter boundary layer gases and the temperature distribution returns to the classical bell shaped curve. But this has caused a drop in the average exhuast gas temperature.

For example a 90 degree bend on a 4" radius is 6.28" long. With all other things remaining constant the average exhaust gas temperature exiting that 90 degree bend will be less then if it had gone through 6.28" of straight tubing. As the bend radius gets tighter the mixing will be "better" and happen quicker. So each and every bend causes mixing and thus an accelerated reduction in the average temperature of the exhaust gases.

So what will work best? Minimal bands on larger radii.

What other parts of a header cause mixing? The merge collectors.

A good way to verify the above is to look at the color of the tubes of a stainless steel header, and that's much easier to see when the header is new. Hotter parts will be closer to a purple color while the cooler areas are more golden. You'll see these color changes through out the bends and near the collector outlets.

Also, the one thing that I question about the results is on the comparison, is the before a stock d-whatever, and is the second on a stock d-whatever with there header, and since AC and PS look like they have to be removed, were the baceline runs ran with or without AC and PS. From just removal of the PS belt shows 3hp throughout the powerband. Also, was what other variable are there? Take into account heat soaking? Same car, same dyno, same type of day (weather) ect.

I am not doubting this header, (I know its a good one and Bisi racing runs this one the worlds fastest All motor d-series car) however, you have to questions results of everything.

Originally posted by UDT@May 10 2004, 01:22 PM
Well a good friend of mine from HS runs somethiing just like that on his 13 second all motor CRX. I would say its a Great choice header for an All motor application. He was even saying something about the guy who makes the headers to me last time, i think hes friends with the fab guy or something.

Thats me, I can get the Bisi Moto, Eriks Racing, Horizon Motorsports headers cheaper than any retailer, the fact of the matter is that these headers are all produced by one Fabricator by, as exospeed says, Brown, there have been numerous discussions about these headers, and although people like BISI want you to believe he manufactures them, he does not, HOWEVER, he does design them, Erik also has a separate design, BISI says the header he designed (and Burn Down Brown manufactured) made 20 whp on Lesile Dursts car, I don't know for sure about that, HOWEVER mine made 8whp over the CTR, and moved up the peak power hp substantially!!! And have seen Brown beat the comp-tec header with both his design, and one modeled after the competec using his merge collector, These are the best headers you can buy, I mean look what cars there are, BISI, ERIKS, and Lesiles, who are the three worlds fastest all motors (front wheel drive unibody blah blah blah) yes you cannot use PS or AC because of the bends, any members interested in purchasing these please pm me, any other questions let me know,

Just want to clear it up that:
i dont think there ever was a mention anywhere at all the BISI himself did the welding and coating on the headers.

Its like saying.. Erick did the CNC machine on his Throttle bodies. OF course we know they dont do it themselves.

Originally posted by exospeed*com@May 12 2004, 02:12 AM
i dont think there ever was a mention anywhere at all the BISI himself did the welding and coating on the headers.

Its like saying.. Erick did the CNC machine on his Throttle bodies. OF course we know they dont do it themselves.

Dont be a smart ass :thumbsup: you'l last longer :owned:

Originally posted by exospeed*com@May 11 2004, 11:12 PM

Let me explain further, I didn't want to get into such detail, but if we must. . .as I know you do, most members on here, including myself post on honda-tech, when a friend of mine, and another who backed it up, posted that BISI did not manufacture the headers himself and gave proper credit to Steve Brown and Elite Motorsports for the headers, BISI sent them threatening PMs and demanded that they delete their posts while other memebers debated on who produced the headers when he could have cleared up the matter by giving proper credit to Brown, now yes I agree that I have never heard Bisi say he himself manufactures the headers himself or with his own company, however he has clearly attempted to make it seem so, or I'll even fall back to in the least, avoided the topic when proper credit should be given and proper infromation provided to HT/HS members,

Originally posted by Bl6CRX+May 12 2004, 08:35 AM-->
exospeed*com
@May 11 2004, 11:12 PM

Let me explain further, I didn't want to get into such detail, but if we must. . .as I know you do, most members on here, including myself post on honda-tech, when a friend of mine, and another who backed it up, posted that BISI did not manufacture the headers himself and gave proper credit to Steve Brown and Elite Motorsports for the headers, BISI sent them threatening PMs and demanded that they delete their posts while other memebers debated on who produced the headers when he could have cleared up the matter by giving proper credit to Brown, now yes I agree that I have never heard Bisi say he himself manufactures the headers himself or with his own company, however he has clearly attempted to make it seem so, or I'll even fall back to in the least, avoided the topic when proper credit should be given and proper infromation provided to HT/HS members,

It depends on your definition of making. Nobody s disputing that he designs them right?
It just makes sense to have a specialized company physically make the header, or any product. Now if they were saying it was their design, that's a different story.

Back