1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisimoto Headers

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by v13tl2omeo408, May 10, 2004.

1. v13tl2omeo408

v13tl2omeo408 Member

Yes this header do look a lot different from your average mass produced headers.
    It was said to have an 8hp gain on the d16's (MUST remove ac and ps to install). Anybody know if any headers have this kind of hp gain? Cost $600 for D series, $700 for B series.
    [​IMG]

2. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Well a good friend of mine from HS runs somethiing just like that on his 13 second all motor CRX. I would say its a Great choice header for an All motor application. He was even saying something about the guy who makes the headers to me last time, i think hes friends with the fab guy or something.

3. hybrid89

hybrid89 thistownsucks...

equal length headers are the shit! I wish i had one. As far as the hp gain, that all depends on the overall setup, but I garuntee that you will get a bigger gain out of that header as opposed to any standard (ie. DC style) header.

matt

4. v13tl2omeo408

v13tl2omeo408 Member

under boost from a jackson supercharger, would the bisi header make that much more hp gain than a dc ceramic?

5. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

:werd:

I'm not sure, most people I know with JRSC setups run Kamikaze (sp?) headers.
    I imagine it would most likely create more power. Bisi = the sheezy.

6. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

Just thinking of that makes my ears hurt.

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

8. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

Didn't Ji say something like with every 90 degree bend you lose one horsepower? that thing has more curves than a teenage girls hips...

9. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

here is bisi's explaination

http://www.bisimoto.com/wst_page6.html

10. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

Here are some dyno charts comparing the horsepower gains from the Bisimoto header to others: (scroll down about half way to dyno charts)
    Bisimoto

11. v13tl2omeo408

v13tl2omeo408 Member

I guess this header is not carb legal, especially with the megaphone style exit

12. exospeed*com

exospeed*com Member

keep in mind that similar "looking" headers are not necesarrily the same. The bisimoto uses a Burns Style Collector on all its headers. Burns collectors themselves are $150-250 each collector. and the gains over 4 welded pipes together is significant.

Overall.. you are purchasing a header with extensive development and no cutting corners on the parts. This is a Top notch header for the hardcore enthusiast. Its not for everyone. To really want this means you want the best performance out of your engine.

Any questions feel free to email us.
    thanks

Wil

13. v13tl2omeo408

v13tl2omeo408 Member

hey exospeed, is it manditory to remove ps and ac in all applications?

14. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

exactly what i was going to ask..

i dont care about teh ps, but i live in a desert (phoenix) and a/c is a a necessity...

15. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

I am going to Copy and paste something that SMSP posted on Team-integra (SMSP is inline with a Hytech headerr)

Also, the one thing that I question about the results is on the comparison, is the before a stock d-whatever, and is the second on a stock d-whatever with there header, and since AC and PS look like they have to be removed, were the baceline runs ran with or without AC and PS. From just removal of the PS belt shows 3hp throughout the powerband. Also, was what other variable are there? Take into account heat soaking? Same car, same dyno, same type of day (weather) ect.

I am not doubting this header, (I know its a good one and Bisi racing runs this one the worlds fastest All motor d-series car) however, you have to questions results of everything.

16. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Thats me, I can get the Bisi Moto, Eriks Racing, Horizon Motorsports headers cheaper than any retailer, the fact of the matter is that these headers are all produced by one Fabricator by, as exospeed says, Brown, there have been numerous discussions about these headers, and although people like BISI want you to believe he manufactures them, he does not, HOWEVER, he does design them, Erik also has a separate design, BISI says the header he designed (and Burn Down Brown manufactured) made 20 whp on Lesile Dursts car, I don't know for sure about that, HOWEVER mine made 8whp over the CTR, and moved up the peak power hp substantially!!! And have seen Brown beat the comp-tec header with both his design, and one modeled after the competec using his merge collector, These are the best headers you can buy, I mean look what cars there are, BISI, ERIKS, and Lesiles, who are the three worlds fastest all motors (front wheel drive unibody blah blah blah) yes you cannot use PS or AC because of the bends, any members interested in purchasing these please pm me, any other questions let me know,

17. exospeed*com

exospeed*com Member

Just want to clear it up that:
    i dont think there ever was a mention anywhere at all the BISI himself did the welding and coating on the headers.

Its like saying.. Erick did the CNC machine on his Throttle bodies. OF course we know they dont do it themselves.

18. UDT

UDT Senior Member

Dont be a smart ass :thumbsup: you'l last longer :owned:

19. Bl6CRX

Bl6CRX Senior Member

Let me explain further, I didn't want to get into such detail, but if we must. . .as I know you do, most members on here, including myself post on honda-tech, when a friend of mine, and another who backed it up, posted that BISI did not manufacture the headers himself and gave proper credit to Steve Brown and Elite Motorsports for the headers, BISI sent them threatening PMs and demanded that they delete their posts while other memebers debated on who produced the headers when he could have cleared up the matter by giving proper credit to Brown, now yes I agree that I have never heard Bisi say he himself manufactures the headers himself or with his own company, however he has clearly attempted to make it seem so, or I'll even fall back to in the least, avoided the topic when proper credit should be given and proper infromation provided to HT/HS members,

20. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

It depends on your definition of making. Nobody s disputing that he designs them right?
    It just makes sense to have a specialized company physically make the header, or any product. Now if they were saying it was their design, that's a different story.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted