Bisimoto headers??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Regarding the header, I think there was 4-5 instances on DSO(actual owners, though where most had it fixed independently), and a welder on Onecamonly/DSO reviewed the headers and Bisi and a staff member responded and agreed to review their welding process. I'm not sure how many complaints they got from the F/H/B guys though. The earlier models had the most problems(mine had the "weak" weld too but I sold it before ever using it). Bisi acknowledged the issue and agreed to fix all of the headers that were purchased within a year(no one knew about this "warranty" though as it was never stated or anything).

When I originally purchased my header, I had trouble contacting Bisimoto and ended up ordering through a dealer. Some small things I requested weren't done or addressed. The biggest back-lash came from their cams; lack of cam card and their reluctance to give out any degreeing information(remember, many of their cams aren't your typical drop-in and go cams). The reasoning behind this was competitors trying to steal their cam profiles.

That's kind of crappy about them not giving specs for cams, and a shitty reason too, as well as not making public knowledge of any agreement to fix a certain series of header. The real question though is ...have these problems been rectified? And are they up on CS now?

Constant heating and cooling, and vibration causes cracks. Their headers were cracking at the runners...and not all runners but like one would just let go and usually away from the flange. Mind you, many people were also running flex-pipes.

Here's either a F or H series header that "cracked":
2b9s06.jpg

In addition to that, their design allows plenty of ground clearance(the runners and collector are above the main exhaust pipe).

Wow ok yeah that is a really pretty looking piss poor wield.

i think performance gains will be experienced more with lower performance models because they were never really intended for performance. take a look at a factory integra type r exhaust manifold versus a rs/ls/gs or even a gsr model... thats just my two cents on that...

That's kind of crappy about them not giving specs for cams, and a shitty reason too, as well as not making public knowledge of any agreement to fix a certain series of header. The real question though is ...have these problems been rectified? And are they up on CS now?

I haven't seen anyone with a "newer" Bisimoto header so can't say, but I'm assuming that has been fixed.

As for the cam specs, they're still secretive about it and you have to call them, etc. for info(I guess they have to verify you're a customer, etc.).

Being a bit generous with the hp numbers there. Stock it made 107whp, IEH it made 117whp, with tune it made 133whp. My stock LS Vtec with all the same bolt ons on the same block tuned made 161whp. 145whp on a stock motor LS is really really good, I have yet to see one. My motor is strong too 210psi on all 4 cylinders.

I haven't seen anyone with a "newer" Bisimoto header so can't say, but I'm assuming that has been fixed.

As for the cam specs, they're still secretive about it and you have to call them, etc. for info(I guess they have to verify you're a customer, etc.).

Bisimoto V2 headers for H, F, B and D-series have been greatly improved and come with a one year warranty against manufacture defect as well.

Also after you place an order for a Bisimoto header you will receive a spec sheet to fill about your build and driving/racing type to be able to design a header that will get the best power band for your setup!

All of our Bisimoto camshafts due now also come with an appropriate cam card with proper information to properly degree the camshaft. These camshaft cards are only released with the purchase of our camshafts.

You can check out the Bisimoto Dyno Volt for examples of customers dyno results of Bisimoto Headers and other Bisimoto products: Bisimoto Dyno Volt Link

sooo....$800 for a bisi header. anybody who knows bisi (i've met him personally twice, there is even a thread on here) knows that his power comes from tuning and not products. even if you get the products, to get the best results you will need $1000 in tuning.

sooo....$800 for a bisi header. anybody who knows bisi (i've met him personally twice, there is even a thread on here) knows that his power comes from tuning and not products. even if you get the products, to get the best results you will need $1000 in tuning.

Tuning and engine management should be everyone's priority when building any kind of setup whether it being a street car or full race car.

Of course horse power is a direct result from proper parts installed on you setup along with tuning. If you tune a setup with a stock camshaft you will get one result compared to tuning your setup with a proper performance camshaft for example a Bisimoto camshaft you will yield more power.

Back