Bitch axle Nut

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you;re just trying to drop the tranny then?

first hint, extensions EAT torque...

if you have trouble with a bolt try getting rid of the extensions...

i see your spacing issues...

first i would advise removing the o2 if you have the proper socket, that will give you more hand room, and those things cost a bit if you break them...

then i would get a 1/2 inch ratchet and a pipe...

you may need to get the car up higher to fit the pipe in there for the leverage you need...

Yep .. you understood my point perfectly.

Haven`t got the o2 sensor prob though cause its mounted slightly futhur back in exaust.
I cannot put the car higher up i have a limit with the jack stands.
So i was thinking .... (i still gotta have a look) .. but the back tranny mounting must be fixed to the chassis with some bolt just like the side tranny mounting.
If this exists i`ll try looking for it...

are you trying to pull just the tranny, or the motor and tranny?

if you are trying to pull the motor and tranny you can remove the one bolt that holds the mount bracket to the rear frame motor mount...

if you just want to pull the tranny then i think you need to remove that bracket as it bolts to both the tranny and motor...

the actual mount on the rear frame rail has 3 bolts and is more or less impossible to remove with the bracket/motor/tranny still there..

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jun 7 2005, 05:20 PM
are you trying to pull just the tranny, or the motor and tranny?

if you are trying to pull the motor and tranny you can remove the one bolt that holds the mount bracket to the rear frame motor mount...

if you just want to pull the tranny then i think you need to remove that bracket as it bolts to both the tranny and motor...

the actual mount on the rear frame rail has 3 bolts and is more or less impossible to remove with the bracket/motor/tranny still there..
[post=509178]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm, I have never had a problem with it. I always take the three bolts out and leave the bracket. Its really hard to get to the back bolt IMO.

Only wanna remove tranny.
Dont haven enough spacce to use breaker bar on those 3 bolts i`m afraid.
Hmm ..thought so, k then ... will have to call mr.mechanic tom .. <_<

Do you have a jack under neith the motor??? the motor and tranny are puting a lot of wheight on that mount . try using a jack to get the wheight off of the bracket then try and remove it with a impact thats what i did.

good luck man

ya boy steveo

Try to loosen it with tires on the ground and the have someone hold your brakes. Use a torque wrench (try sliding a long metal pipe onto the wrench for extra hold) and turn the hell out of the bitch. It that don't work do like I did...buy a new spindle and axle. Less aggrevation ;)

I just had a problem removing one of these 3 days ago. I bought this CRX for $150 and I went to take the wheels off and I notice that on the passenger side there was no rotor and the caliper was just hanging by the brake line slamming into the CV shaft. On the driver-side there was a a rotor but no caliper, he apparently cut the break line to remove the caliper.(why???) So anyway, I go to take the axle nut off so I can go about putting in the CV shaft and the guy had cut the nut 1/2 way off, but not all the way. So the old CV shaft is hanging on the ground cause he couldnt remove the nut. Since 1/2 the nut was left I used a 32mm socket and an impact wrench, used a crescent wrench to hold the axle?? in place and it took it right off.

warranteed 1/2 breaker bar, 3-4 foot pipe and it will come off. And please for the love of god do not use a torque wrench for a breaker bar. :(

Back