BIZARRE 91 CRX LS Swap Problem!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryanangelo212

I've searched the web high and low, no one has a problem like this.

Okay, 91 crx si, b18a1 out of 90 integra.
Basic LS swap, nothing unusual, basically followed the online guides.
Had the thing running perfectly, driving around fine for a few weeks, then all the sudden she died on me.
Getting good fuel, good spark, compression in all cylinders.
New timing belt, water pump, fuel pump, the works.
Seems i've checked everything, still no start, tried new ecu, no-go.

Something had to have gone wrong as I was running it, that's the thing that's got me confused.
I think it has to be an electrical problem, anyone have an idea where to start?
Or possibly other suggestions? Help please.

Detailed responses please.

hmm, i don't know, ill have to check it out to know for sure. I think so though, I know you can hear the fuel pump kick on strong.And it turns over and everything, just will not start.

Check the rotor inside the dizzy? Easy 2 minute check, could be it..

Getting good fuel, good spark, compression in all cylinders.

If this were true, you'd have a running vehicle.

Unless its really badly out of time.. Have you checked to see if the timing jumped several teeth?

It makes sense. If it jumped one tooth it would run like ass and die.. But he is getting "strong spark and good fuel" So if its firing way off of time, it wouldn't run at all.

where are you getting spark..out of the dizzy,through the plug wires and through the plugs???
or how did you check?

Clutch switch=no crank.

Well, if you're getting spark and air, it's definitely a fuel issue. Have you tried starting the car with carb cleaner/wd40?

okay. i have tried everything. just put in new dizzy, you can see flames coming out of the intake manifold from backfiring i suppose, when you turn it over, but wont start. obviously its getting spark fuel and compression. IT IS IN PERFECT TIME. why wont it go??

Back