Black box on back of block

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

scottp11

The Seniorest Member....
Im building a B20B with a B16A2 head. I'm finished except for that black box that goes on the back of the block. On the B16, there's a hole in the block that this box fits into, but on the B20, there's no such hole, or mounting places.

Anyone that's done this, can you let me know what you've done to get around this.

Also, the crank on the B20 does not have that extra gear on the crank gear for the crank position sensor. How do you get that off the B16? Do you pry it off, or is there an easier way? I thought maybe a steering wheel puller, but I don't think there's room to get it behind the gear.

Thanks in advance for everyones help!

Its part of your PCV system. Just find out where/if the b20 was supposed to have it hooked up and do it the same way the factory did it. no problem.

Thanks. That's what I had planned, but wanted to know what other methods people had used.

How about getting the crank gear off?

Got the crank gear off. The B16 crank gear wont fit all the way on the B20 oil pump because of a piece of metal that surrounds the crank. I'm switching to a Type-R oil pump (2001) so I can use the crank position sensor in its stock location.

I still can't find out where to mount that black box. I looked on this guys at work, CRV, and cant find it anywhere. I looked in the Haynes manual and cant find a good pic or nothin'.

Is that all it is? It has an inlet and and outlet.

Back