1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

black box on back of motor? help

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by 92tegGP, Apr 14, 2008.

1. 92tegGP

92tegGP The Slut

There is the black box on the back on the back of my b18 im thinking it has something to do with the cooling… 2 hoses go into the top of it and then the bottom hole goes into the block. Well I broke one of the nipple things that the hose connects to on the top and im trying to find a new one and I have no clue of what the “proper” name is for this black box. Can anyone help me out?

2. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

if one of te hoses come up through the IM and then go into it,,thats part of the pcv system

3. D15Beater

D15Beater HNFTuning

Breather Chamber...vents excess crankcase pressure.

4. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

more importantly, it removes oil from the pressurized air before venting it to the intake manifold. it's basically an OEM oil catch can.

5. INJEN78

INJEN78 HS LEGEND

no i dont think so,,,thats why you by catch cans,,because this one doesnt pull the oil out,,it dumps right back into the manifold to be burned

6. BrokenRex

BrokenRex New Member

sure it does. if it didn't catch oil, why not just put a pipe fitting on the back of the engine with a hose coming off of it? and you buy oil catch cans because no can will ever remove ALL of the oil. and secondly, some vehicles do not come with one, they only have a PCV valve.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted