Black Friday sales....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I didn't know about the negative effects of playing DVDs with it untill about a month ago. I don't really own many DVDs anyway, so I'll just use it on rare occasion. The PS2 I have now has been doing this weird thing on the right side of the screen where it kinda kicks the top of the picture over and distorts it a little. Kinda like the video unit is skewing the image.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Nov 24 2004, 10:14 AM
yea i'll be that asshole helping all of you with your christmas golf products.... THANK God its my last day as a salesman... then HELLO lightweight armor design!!
[post=421648]Quoted post[/post]​

adam, any good sales at Carl's?

To bad that site doesn't have any discounted iPods for sale or the new burton bindings with toe caps. :(

I want to find a place that will do it cheaper then the apple EDU discounts. Right now I can get the 40 gb for 369 from apple with free shipping.

one thing that does fuck up a ps2 is standing it upright. i know sony has pictures of it like that, but this girl i was talking ot who worked at EB said sony has publicly said it fucks them up.

geeze, even on black friday i wont have enough money to buy a 1/5th of the shit i want.

if it fucked it up, why would they market it that way?

my ps2 is chipped and its almost 3 years old. its never been laid down. its also orange.

Orange%20PS2.JPG

The ones sold within about the first 6 months had that problem. They used a slightly different disc drive, which is why the early models got the DRE problem so easily. In the early ones, standing it on its side was known to cause the disc to rub on the retainer tray during extended use, which would not only hurt the drive, but ruin your disc.

Screw Black Friday...there really wasn't anything on sale that I really needed.....so I'll just save that money for the move and dump it all on food and drinks. After turning on the news this morning and seeing helicopter shot of the malls with lines a 1/4 mile long...I said screw that...

Oh well...maybe next year something good will be onsale. :lol:

No matter what price you find for any particular item, You'll remember that NO store is taking a hit today. You'll always find your best bets online, and by shopping like a smart consumer.

Then, your stereo will prolly be stolen at the Mall today too.

-> Steve

every weekend from here till xmas is going to be packed. thank god for online shopping. oh, and pick weird days like tuesday to do your shopping.

Well...I went out and bought something today....

2 packs of Carlton Box 100's...and a 12 pack of St. Pauli Girl 12 Oz bottled beer....

And the money I saved was.....nothing....well if you concider that if I would have went to sears...I might have spent $200+, and Lowes I could have spent $300 plus...and if I hit Radio Shack...another $200.....but since I didnt go and I didn't splurge on needless shit...I'll have more money for the move.....and the moving party.

Uhmmmm..I actually did spent $124 today on a U-haul 14 foot truck with 80 miles included for 24 hours.......and I might possibly consider getting a car dolly for $40 if the AE86 doesn't run right before wed.

All I got was an American Rag Sweatshirt and a Quiksilver shirt from Bon-Macy's.

Matt and I went to Sears both yesterday and today. More stuff was on sale today and there seemed to be more salestaff on hand. Didn't get that much, but browsing through the tool section is always a good time. Got some metric socket sets and a compression tester for me. Matt bought a multimeter yesterday that didn't work, so we exchanged that. Bought a worklight yesterday that was on sale for $12.99 and got charged $19.99 for it. Today it was $9.99. Oh yeah, and yesterday, the cash register went offline twice as we tried to checkout. Sears really needs to get its act together.

The majority of the tools at Sears weren't priced. So it was a matter of reading the posted signs carefully, and even then the scanned price might be different. They could have sold a lot more both days imo. Sears and Kmart merging is a scary thought. I hate those Kmart and Walmart style scattered checkout counters. They make no sense and aren't fair in terms of whose turn it is next in line. Unless I am desperate, they aren't getting my business.

i got a third samsung 712N 17" LCD monitor... I couldn't pass it up for $249 at best buy.., i paid 400 each for my other two.

All I bought was an amp at best buy... 200 watt pioneer... $79! :) I was gonna buy the Sirius satellite radio tuner for my deck, but they were out of stock... So we went home and the woman bought it for me. :) Then we went to sears where she bought me a carhartt jacket. :)

I was PISSED at some of the sales. I went a few places, and it was like "BLOWOUTS ON ALL MP3 PLAYERS!!!!! (except ipods)"

WTF!

Back